The LK @ ping pong (1 Viewer)

PING PONG

Ping Pong presents
The LoveKevins (Songs I Wish I had Written, Sweden)
plus Northstation (Slow Loris Label)
Saturday July 28
Liquid Lounge
10pm €10

www.myspace.com/lovekevins
Loved in Japan for their happy melodies and melodramatic lyrics. Beloved in England for not being perfect. Adored in the USA, Sweden, and the rest of the world for being brilliant songwriters and playing pop music in an eccentric style, but at the same time in a very straight forward way. The Lovekevins live and work in Malmö, southern Sweden. Electro Pop swedish duo formed in 2003. Their first recording Blame the English was released in January 2005 (Songs I Wish I Had Written). It was full of breezy positive pop melodies and melodramatic lyrics. The second release Max Léon was released in 2006. Their music has been described as polished harmonies with choppy guitars and clever lyrics. Their latest installment 'Vs the Snow' released this year is hailed to be the essential scandinavian pop record of 2007, this is a 10-song, 40 minute freak rollercoaster ride through love, longing, basic zoology, 24h afterparties and internet suicide.

www.songsiwish.com/lovekevins/
http://www.lovekevins.com/

www.myspace.com/iamnorthstation
Northstation is Dublin musician Steve Fanagan. Steve began recording as Northstation in 1999, when he provided the soundtrack for a collection of short films. 2001 saw the release of the first Northstation album, ‘plink.plonk’, a collection of songs originally compiled for the din sound exhibition. This was followed by some live performances. In 2003 Steve began work on the ‘Bears’ album, which was released in July 2004, on risc records. Since releasing Bears, Northstation has gigged extensively playing alongside many and varied musicians. 2006 saw the release of the third Northstation album, called ‘Wagtail’. In February of this year Northstation released an ep of remixes of music by bands such as Hood, Halfset, Herv and others. Steve currently works as a sound engineer and college tutor, and releases music under several different names. He also runs a small independent label called Slow Loris.

www.slowloris.org

www.myspace.com/pingpongcork
upcoming:
Aug 04 Giveamanakick (Outonalimb Records) plus So Cow

Aug 18 Dan Deacon (Carpark, USA) plus Crayonsmith

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back