the klaxons = fattists? (2 Viewers)

you're so quick to judge just based on a superficial myspace bulletin. its whats inside that counts.

Clearly the Klaxons don't think that.

And judging by the shtate of the post, I highly doubt it's a feminist critque of the inherent sexism of popular music videos. I could be wrong. But maybe not.

they are according to there press release :

"this year's Indie Rave faction will be the hugely-hyped nu-ravers Klaxons, who celebrated a triumphant Dublin debut in November when they played to a packed crowd at the POD, and who will be performing tracks from their forthcoming debut album 'Xan Valleys'."

nu-rave ? indie rave ? got to love NME

hows the new NME ireland edition ? anyone bother with it ?

It says it's 8 pages but then that includes ads and gig listings. Gig listing not so much a bad thing, ads taking up the pages...

Still though tis alright to have it, once you realise that they are what they are and that they all write the same.

What's with this new rave shit anyway? We need to go back...way back.

altern8.jpg

Actually quite looking forward to this video. If its by there usual guy Saam Faramand it should be pretty impressive.

http://www.saam.tv/homepage.html

Site hasent been updated for a while but hes getting very hyped up lately.
The video he did for magick is fourth row down and three across.

Agreed!

And the 'Golden Skans' video is even better.

So who else has nme lumped in with their latest silly escapade? So far I can see:
CSS (Good)
Klaxons (Not very good)
The Gossip (Still deadly and surprised the hell out of me the other day when I was told they had been hyped by that rag all year)

Crystal Castles? Hot Chip? Rapture, I suppose?

its not cgi... its was filmed and was bluescreened. i was there w/ 40 naked byrds. youre right tho the mix isnt as good as the original on angular records....

its not cgi... its was filmed and was bluescreened. i was there w/ 40 naked byrds. youre right tho the mix isnt as good as the original on angular records....

well that sort of CGI bluescreen messing, I thought the original video was mindblowing, the idea of camcordering the camcorder footage, the fucked up colours blah blah, really blew me away

shame about the new mix, it's grand like, but not as "Holy Shit" as the first one... is it the album mix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back