the john fahey appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

GORILLAMUNCH said:
basho is amazing! this morno i described him as
"remember the guitar guy who goes "EWAaaaaWHouuuuuuuuuu YeeeeeeeeeAwhhhhhhhhO Yoooooooo Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!"

throwin some love out to: Sandy Bull!

shane - did you see James Blackshaw in lazybird that time? heard bits and pieces of his recent stuff - the kid is growing so quick.

for fans of the above

funny how he was singer in my mates spazzy vss style band a few years ago

i did see blackshaw, wasnt that mad about him then, whats changing? does he sing? i forget. im not mad about fingerpickin really, unless theres singing too...

Unknown Convict said:
i hear there's a fahey/mazzacane duet or two on loren's latest table of the elements 2cd, taken from the long-rumoured upstate ny session, possibly recorded by dean roberts. can't wait to hear it...

i have that, at least i have some duo set of theirs, its class. i got it on soulseek, and says its called "live at the hint club" july 1998.

Miss Piggy said:
i did see blackshaw, wasnt that mad about him then, whats changing? does he sing? i forget. im not mad about fingerpickin really, unless theres singing too...

guitar playing is a lot more impressive
less chimes more drones

i only listened to his cd-r a couple of times but the stuff i heard on his site sounds betterer

in other news - i tried listening to my new fahey and kottke shit last night in bed but was made turn it off cos the piece of crap record player my friend gave me for nothing won't play properly (THANKS KIRSTIE AND NEIL - FOR NOTHIGN!!! ah joke i'll see waht i can do with parts from my old same player)

it sounded cool though...all wobbly and wavering pitch

bongzilla

just got the 1968 english pressing of 'the transfiguration...' for the missus's birthday, mint condition along with the 30-page booklet, which is amazing.

Thee most expunctious of guitarists.
He was funny alright.
He used to drink beer to keep himself awake (he had m.e.).

He claimed to have took up the guitar after seeing 'the thief of Baghdad' as a child.

He also has connections in Sligo - out of curiosity, no, it's too much of a long shot, maybe though, anyone...possibly know anyone in Sligo who knew him? Or anyone's relatives?

'America' is amazing. Makes you glad you're alive (for the most part).

where are you getting the sligo thing from?
sligo river music sligo river blues?

i remember reading somethign that said that had nothign to do with sligeach

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back