The Jimmy Cake unleash the Superlady (1 Viewer)

what was the first song the JC played at the Village gig there a month back. that wasn't superlady was it?

you don't have to answer this Alpha Relish, as you weren't there as I recall :) .....

spectraljanitor said:
I was watching Fargo the other night and am wondering is this where the "superlady" title comes from - the scene where marge meets her psychologically imbalanced high school aquaintance?

Erm. no. To be honest, like most of our titles, I don't know where it came from.

I can reveal that This Used to be the Future is about Lenihans hardware shop on Tolbot Street though.

I found an old set list recently and we played a song called 'a bit like fuck'. Now there's a title we should have stuck with.

snakybus said:
what was the first song the JC played at the Village gig there a month back. that wasn't superlady was it?

nope, that there was "christmas on easter island".

which, incidentally, also features on the lovely new mini-album.

The Chilli King said:
Erm. no. To be honest, like most of our titles, I don't know where it came from.

I can reveal that This Used to be the Future is about Lenihans hardware shop on Tolbot Street though.

I found an old set list recently and we played a song called 'a bit like fuck'. Now there's a title we should have stuck with.

ye could sell that title to marilyn manson.
so if it was a bit like fuck was it fast or slow?

spectraljanitor said:
ye could sell that title to marilyn manson.
so if it was a bit like fuck was it fast or slow?

moderate pace, pretty, gritty frantic in parts. It was renamed Eye of the Cowboy for some reason.

minka said:
nope, that there was "christmas on easter island".

which, incidentally, also features on the lovely new mini-album.

Beards of Jesus re-mix of this is called "Easter on Christmas Island" and will be out in selected suitcases on Grafton Street next Spring.

Serious as canker here.

billy, can beards of jesus actually do something for the next hoot night? i have access to rehersal space in centre of town... it would be jesus fun.

As much as I adore the new mini-album (were they not called EP's when I were a lad?) I can't help but feel the band shouldn't have let that bearded floor-sitting keyboard-"playing" freak near a computer to do the cover art. It is, as they say in Scunthorpe, quite shite.

See that there acordian I posted with last time out. If you do an image search in google for ' superlady' that's the first image you get. Now we know who the real Superlady is...

i couldn't disagree more, i think he did a superb job.

did i just disagree with someone with verbally insulting them?

prick...

aaahhhhhhh :)

Alan Latchley said:
As much as I adore the new mini-album (were they not called EP's when I were a lad?) I can't help but feel the band shouldn't have let that bearded floor-sitting keyboard-"playing" freak near a computer to do the cover art. It is, as they say in Scunthorpe, quite shite.

Alan Latchley said:

:eek:

I had some problems with it initially, until I saw it printed - then it all made sense.

Superlady
(Print the Lyrics)

When I'm alone with you
You know just what I wanna doooooo girrrl
To hold you in my arms
Lovin' you all over baby
yeah yeah yeah

No pressure from me baby
No need to get excited
Because tonight was made for two lovers
And you were invited

Chorus

Ordinary
keep me runnin'
superlady

Ordinary
keep me runnin'
superlady

Heaven must've sent you girl
To be with me for always
Sharin' all our fantasies ooooooh

Tell me that you'll always be around
Show me you care
I'll always be there

Chorus

AlphaRelish said:
billy, can beards of jesus actually do something for the next hoot night? i have access to rehersal space in centre of town... it would be jesus fun.

Yes. I want to do a dub version of Ride On or some chest-beating song like that.

And I'd like Cormac McCann to be involved. In fact Cormac McCann should be involved in everything related to music in Ireland. He's like Phil Coulter on stilts.

is next hoot not madonna related? i'm deadly serious by the way... are you a beard of jesus, or no? it's a great idea... follow through and make people laugh... you've got it in you billum, or at least, you will have soon...

:p

billygannon said:
Yes. I want to do a dub version of Ride On or some chest-beating song like that.

And I'd like Cormac McCann to be involved. In fact Cormac McCann should be involved in everything related to music in Ireland. He's like Phil Coulter on stilts.

AlphaRelish said:
is next hoot not madonna related? i'm deadly serious by the way... are you a beard of jesus, or no? it's a great idea... follow through and make people laugh... you've got it in you billum, or at least, you will have soon...

:p

next Hoot is "who's that girl"

songs with girls names

I will pay cash money for someone to do Come On Eileen

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back