the iRA and the Bank Robbery (6 Viewers)

Pantone247 said:
What were they going to do with 26 mill Norn Iron notes?

use it as wallpaper?

MoneyWall.jpg

ah, i dunno. if the IRA didnt do this (and my gut feeling is they didnt), then what the fuck is going on and why are people letting it happen? Im just thinking of sf's rise in the elections and how the other parties wish that the shinners would fall off the face of the eath, and then paisley wanting the world to see republicans as nothing more than common criminals.

Its all a bit too convenient for me now. Never mind the refusal of blair to churn out any decent evidence whatsoever. I not saying someone like the realira etc etc didnt do it, but I dont think the IRA did.

the garda mccabe murder was a different story. i think if you look that one up you find some info on it, but from what i have heard apparently they genuinely werent aware their people had done it, initially.

I could be completely and utterly niave, but I hope the IRA have moved on towards resolving things peacefully since then.

yeah but then a lot of "evidence" in such cases comes from informers etc and can't be released. bit convenient i know...

i seriously doubt that this is a "swansong"; the republican project is far from over and it's been said many times that the IRA is not going to just go away.

but regardless of whether or not they actually did the bank job, the situation in NI is total limbo. can't really see this damaging sinn fein in the elections here at all, the sdlp seems to be fading all the time.
sinn fein's progress in eire is where things are going to get interesting now. (i think)

what bugs me is paisley's dastardly plan to return to a NI government ruled by unionists with no real nationalist competition. It'd be back to square 1. you wouldnt need to be a great guesser to know how that would work out in about 60 years time.

and it's been said many times that the IRA is not going to just go away.

I sincerely believe that the IRA, as it would have been known to the nationalist community, would have gone away, but almost certainly something else will fill the void. the inla, real ira, cira etc are all there already working on a fecken headstart.

BBC website has a story now about how the white van got driven over the border from the Republic two hours before the robbery took place. Puts a different slant on it, no?

wrafter said:
BBC website has a story now about how the white van got driven over the border from the Republic two hours before the robbery took place. Puts a different slant on it, no?

Yeah right enough, the IRA are definitely the only organisation audacious enough to drive a white van across the border.

Bill Shatner said:
no, no not really.

Yes it does.

It could point to a number of things.

Either a) it's not the IRA and it could be a south-of-the-border gang instead, which is unlikely.

b) it's more likely to be the IRA than a loyalist organisation because the IRA have more association with the South than the loyalists do.

c) it's hardly likely to be non-loyalist now for why would they - of all people - go south of the border to source a van? (or have ANYTHING to do with south of Ireland)

And don't tell me they did it intentionally to throw the police off the scent.

wrafter said:
it's hardly likely to be non-loyalist now for why would they - of all people - go south of the border to source a van? (or have ANYTHING to do with south of Ireland)

well loyalists ventured south of the border on 17 May 1974 and caused mayhem and destruction.

And to this day no one has been punished for it - thanks to, among other things, an subservient coalition government down here.

Disgraceful.

Granted. And though a dreadful crime, it was thirty years ago, and though it does set precedent, it hardly points to a trend - therefore surely the van coming from south of the border is a significant development.

wrafter said:
Yes it does.

It could point to a number of things.

Either a) it's not the IRA and it could be a south-of-the-border gang instead, which is unlikely.

b) it's more likely to be the IRA than a loyalist organisation because the IRA have more association with the South than the loyalists do.

c) it's hardly likely to be non-loyalist now for why would they - of all people - go south of the border to source a van? (or have ANYTHING to do with south of Ireland)

right, so what's different about that slant?
EVERYONE says it was the fucking IRA.

Bill Shatner is 73, he clearly knows what he's talking about.

everybody says lots of things, doesnt make it true though.

didnt that van have a norn iron reg? I know they wouldnt have to be real but Im certain they reported that at the time

I'd say they did it so people would add white van and south of the border and come up with IRA. I'd bet money someone from the british government/NIO had something to do with it. I doubt it would have been the first time.

Chocohead said:
I'd say they did it so people would add white van and south of the border and come up with IRA. I'd bet money someone from the british government/NIO had something to do with it. I doubt it would have been the first time.

someone kindly inform me where is the logic in this theory that the British government have staged the biggest bank robbery in many years just to make the shinners look bad.

This being the same Labour government that, as soon as they got into power, told the unionists that had a hold over the torys for years to feck off and then sorted out the good friday agreement.

time to take off your tinfoil hat. It was the scummy scumbags in the IRA that did this bank job.

i'd be just as grateful if you could point me in the direction of the reasoning behind that. I dont buy anything the ruc say unless they back it up with some evidence. theyve much too much a shady past.

Also, the bank robbery wasnt staged to make shinners look bad. It would though, coincedentally solve a lot of problems with the peace process. Get rid of the shinners, encourage Ian's idea of a DUP run north and there ye go. you;d have 'peace' and in 20 years time when the same thing sprouted again, it'd be nothing to do with anyone presently in power cus they'd have retired.

As Im saying

Q) Where is the evidence?
A) There doesnt seem to be any forthcoming from the RUC

Q) What happened with the 'Spy Ring' that started this whole fuckup?
A) Everyones forgotton about that

Q) Who was charged for that?
A) No-one but the IRA got blamed anyway

Q) Who does this robbery (besides those with the cash) benefit?
a) The unionists and those in the british government (especially those involved in the military side - great training ground that north place) who dont want peace.

Q) Why do I care anyway considering not too many others do?
a) Fucked if I know.

Chocohead said:
I dont buy anything the ruc say unless they back it up with some evidence. theyve much too much a shady past..
it is the PSNI now. do try to keep up.

Chocohead said:
Also, the bank robbery wasnt staged to make shinners look bad...

so why was it was "staged" then? do tell

Chocohead said:
Q) Who does this robbery (besides those with the cash) benefit?
a) The unionists and those in the british government (especially those involved in the military side - great training ground that north place) who dont want peace. ..

as I pointed out before, your theory that this "staged" bank job was approved by and will benefit the labour government is bullshit.

this is the same Labour government who, the moment they got into power in 1997, told the unionists (who had the torys over a barrel for years as the tories only had a majority in the house of commons due to the unionists voting with them, hence the political standstill in NI during Majors time in office) that they better participate with the good friday agreement or they would organise a vote in the UK and Ireland on the future of Northern Ireland - as nearly the entire populations of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England would clearly vote for N.I. to be part of the republic this scared the bollix of the unionists so they participated.

At the end of the day, Northern Ireland is a total pain in the hole to the British government, they would be very very glad to get rid of the tax draining shithole. hence, there is no way in hell they would gang up with the unionists to fake a robbery. you are pretty bloody paranoid.

Chocohead said:
Q) Why do I care anyway considering not too many others do?
a) Fucked if I know.

oh we do care. we care that gangs of utter scummers are in control of vast criminal empires (fag smuggling, drug running, gun running, bank robbing, extortion, protection rackets, kneecapping) yet some people (like yourself) think it is ok as the scumbags claim to be part of a freedom fighting army.

PSNI, RUC, different name, same old force!
I like the way the IRA are guilty until proven innocent. Fair enough they are wankers, but just because you don't like them doesn't mean you can convict them without proof. At the end of the day, the fact that a white van came across the border means absolutely fuck all, anyone could have brought it across. It's not very difficult to drive across the border in a white van.
Not everybody thinks it was the RA. My mate from the Village says it was Loyalists from East Belfast. As does my mate from East Belfast.
John Hume asked for proof that it was the IRA in the House of Commons, and none has yet been forthcoming. This really does give the impression that none exists. And at the end of the day, you'd think the police force would have already learned their lesson about withholding evidence from the public view, given the whole collusion episode and the many cases surrounding it, yet here we are again with the PSNI withholding alleged evidence from the public view. Let's face it, the PSNI are wankers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back