The Idiots (1 Viewer)

At one stage The Idiots were incredible. Then they released a mini-album and became just "really good". Then they stopped playing for ages.

Last time I saw them they were "not great".

They don't play much. Don't know how you'd get in touch with them. But if you got them to play, in the right atmosphere, I reckon they could pull off some of the old magic again.

Do give it a shot.

When the Idiots were on form they were always my favourite Dublin band. Lots of great gigs in the Attic and one incredible one I remember in the Project.

Brian Mooney and Jimmy Eadie now seem to work with David Kitt as Mooney was playing guitar with him at his gig in Whelans at Xmas (the second half of which was great pummeling noise) and Jimmy was doing sound. Jimmy Eadie has one (or two) albums out under the name Amuesement as well ...

So yeah, drag 'em out of retirement (again). It won't be easy but hundreds (or maybe tens) will thank you.

pete (01 Feb, 2002 01:40 a.m.):
http://thumped.com/bands/banddetail.asp?bid=65

I kinda wasn't fully aware until looking at that list that everyone in a band in Dublin is playing in about three or four other people's bands.

That hippy who does those handmade "family trees of rock" could have a field day.

That Amusement album is fantastic altogether, never saw them unfortunately. Whats this about a second recording?! Also Pete - they're another band you could put on that list (says he lazily..)

historical:
jimmy eadie was also in into paradise. ???????
today:
yep! i have the privilege of working with jimmy and brian. by a strange coincidence i found a copy of the idiots album today and am listening to it as i write.
the idiots ambition was to play japan and then disband; it looks like their dream is about to come true ... hee hee!!!
this would be good time to put them on as all is quiet on the kittser live front and they've yet to go east for their swan song.

that bands list is one of them things i'll have to get cracking on again

ugh

so many things to be done

Pantone247 (01 Feb, 2002 03:12 p.m.):
I'm oin the list

but my name is wrong

Fiachra O'Brien indeed!!

makes my sound like a mucksavage

right i fixed it but don't give me any shit about it being Mac and not Mc or Cearthaigh and not Carthy

just

don't

ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back