THE ICARUS LINE are on the way to Ireland (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
Here are Irish dates for THE ICARUS LINE for those who are in the know concerning these fantastic powerhouse of a band.

03/02 Dublin, IR New Breathe
03/03 Cork, IR Old Oak
03/04 Galway, IR GPO
03/05 Limerick, IR Dolan’s Warehouse

rock on to www.theicarusline.com

the icarus line are a completely underground, pretty much unknown band, right?

well this tour was booked by the pod's man, if you can believe it.

i'm guessing 'new breathe' is going to be some kind of commercial promo-style gig.

what a fucking joke.

I don`t know this Pod guy, or this commercial promo-style gig shite your on about.
But i heard of the Icarus line through their last tour with INK AND DAGGER, Trail of Dead are fans so they say, they supported AT THE DRIVE-IN a while back; and Dave Grohl raves on about one of their live gigs on the official foo fighters website.

They recently completed recording some Peel sessions.
Their currently writing songs for a split with The Dillinger Escape Plan.

"completely underground, pretty much unknown band, right?" is not the way i`d describe them myself anyway.
You might like em, check em out.
Their album got hot reviews and deserves it.

Cheers on the news about the JIMMY EATS WORLD gig though.

We`ll his getting in there and doin something positive and bringing good quality music in.Fair play to the man.
I don`t think his work place or past really matters in this New Breathe Thing.
Is this related to the POD or is it a seperate new effort??

PETE, I DON`T KNOW HOW THE HELL YOU DO IT??!!
YOU SEEM TO APPEAR IN EVERY THREAD ON THIS DAMN BOARD!!!
JUST POINTLESS SENTENCES...HERE MORE POINTLESS WAFFLE THERE, BUT IF IT AMUSES YOU, CARRY ON.

THE INFORMER (28 Dec, 2001 04:26 p.m.):
"completely underground, pretty much unknown band, right?" is not the way i`d describe them myself anyway.
eh releasing split records with on underground labels that are fucking impossible to get(ie buddyhead) and with bands that are considered underground(ie the dillenger escape plan) might means they are. Both underground and unknown( cos for some reason I think alot of heads be buying them records for the other bands then flipping them over to be plesantly surprized).

And i think what Damo is getting at is this "New Breathe" is a witness type event. And if you only know about this band cos you're into Ink and Dagger how would a bunch of knobs down the brewery think they're "cool" and "with it" enough to put on?

and yes john I own the underground(tm).
bitter bitter bitter

THE INFORMER (29 Dec, 2001 01:32 p.m.):
PETE, I DON`T KNOW HOW THE HELL YOU DO IT??!!
YOU SEEM TO APPEAR IN EVERY THREAD ON THIS DAMN BOARD!!!
JUST POINTLESS SENTENCES...HERE MORE POINTLESS WAFFLE THERE, BUT IF IT AMUSES YOU, CARRY ON.

i'm like craig david - i was born to do it

Stephen (29 Dec, 2001 03:55 p.m.):
THE INFORMER (28 Dec, 2001 04:26 p.m.):
eh releasing split records with on underground labels that are fucking impossible to get(ie buddyhead) and with bands that are considered underground(ie the dillenger escape plan) might means they are. Both underground and unknown( cos for some reason I think alot of heads be buying them records for the other bands then flipping them over to be plesantly surprized).

And i think what Damo is getting at is this "New Breathe" is a witness type event. And if you only know about this band cos you're into Ink and Dagger how would a bunch of knobs down the brewery think they're "cool" and "with it" enough to put on?

AHH THEY ROCK ANYWAY AND I WOULD ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO GO AND CHECK THEM OUT.
THE MUSIC IS ALWAYS THEIR ,ITS ONLY A MATTER OF LOOKING FOR IT AND ROOTING IT OUT.THESE BANDS MIGHT REMAIN UNDERGROUND WHICH REALLY DOES`NT MEAN MUCH TO ME.IF THE MUSIC IS GOOD THEN GREAT-THAT SOLVES THE "UNKNOWN" PART.

john (30 Dec, 2001 01:57 a.m.):
By the way Pete, I ain't gonna be impressed till you show up unannounced and solve a crime we didn't know was even taking place.
You are 'those snivelling kids'.
Can I be in your gang?

No.

hmm, i think you misunderstood me up there. i wasn't giving out that dec forde was somehow stealing the underground from under our noses, i was merely commenting on the fact that i thought it strange that someone who usually does dance nights, hip-hop gigs and the occasional show by a bigger "rock" band (wheatus, anyone?) would be interested in such a relativly unknown band as the icarus line.

it also seems to be a fairly big waste of money, because unless the nme start hyping them ATDI-style, the gigs (maybe not the dublin free booze one) are going to be empty.

it's just like the cannibal ox thing; he brought them over, it was fairly pricey, and next to no-one showed up... but if someone in the independent hip-hop secene in dublin had've put them on in a different setting, they could have been playing to a larger and more appriciative crowd, have the door price cheaper and still get paid just as well.

still, if the new breathe gigs are as cheap as they were last year, no one will have that much to complain about at all.

damien, i don't reckon these gigs are gonna be empty. kerrang seems to be hyping the icarus line at the moment... but then they did print that daemien frost review so i dunno if gnarly rock kids will trust them any more. i'm not sure if it's gonna be in the devil's whorehouse (dolan's warehouse) or the high stool in limowreck... hopefully it's the high stool (temple of rock)!

The Icarus Line,eh?

who gives a bollix?For those unfamiliar with them,they're a poor man's jaysus lizard in shirts and ties.

Of course I'll probably be there meself.

jammybastid (04 Jan, 2002 09:12 p.m.):
The Icarus Line,eh?

who gives a bollix?For those unfamiliar with them,they're a poor man's jaysus lizard in shirts and ties.
really?

a poor man's jaysus lizard is still better than a rich man's "____________ (submit any band name here"

never mind what they're wearing

jammybastid (04 Jan, 2002 09:12 p.m.):
The Icarus Line,eh?

really?

a poor man's jaysus lizard is still better than a rich man's "____________ (submit any band name here)"

never mind what they're wearing

Free Guinness?

Is this like the thing David Kitt played in the POD last year? They were serving something called black bull for free - a mixture of Red Bull and Guinness. Fucking Disgusting.

I dared a mate to drink one and he puked during "Step outside in the morning light".

- Fintan

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back