The Ghost of Christmas Past (2 Viewers)

i think i was conditioned from an early age to ask santa claus for "a surprise". i think there'll be a lot of that going on again these days.

yes, in addition to the other stuff you asked for. So my list would be something like;

Bryan Adams - Reckless (12" vinyl)
The Best of Paul McCartney and Wings (12" Vinyl)
Huey Lewis and the News - Sports (12" vinyl)
Elton John - Ice On Fire (12" Vinyl)
new football boots
a surprise

* actual list of mine from around 1985/86.

fermented Swedish Christmas sausage. Potatis korv.
4217724845_1eb180a62f.jpg

i think i was conditioned from an early age to ask santa claus for "a surprise". i think there'll be a lot of that going on again these days.

Totally agree - I think everything I listed was unexpected - Same with my kid, he's only asked for one thing (which the wife managed to find thankfully) and he hasn't a clue what else he's getting - Same when I was a kid - Much better that way

Followed by this...
Screen+shot+2010-12-17+at+2.45.41+PM.png

I didn't like spaceships or action dolls as a kid.

that lego set is the reason I stopped believing in santa - neighbours kids got it one xmas, but the parents left the price tag on. being a deductive sort of kit I figured santa didnt buy his toys in ken blacks in portlaoise. little raz, aged 9. santa = dead.

I dunno..in our gaf your letter to Santy was all like Dear Santo,can I have present x PLUS a little surprise.

I was trying to figure out earlier which Lego train I had, I think it was that one pictured but I could swear you had a different one to me. I'm very confused now.

Did you not have this one?

7725-1.jpg

No, defo the other one. My Ma still talks about how you wrecked it (doesn't make any sense/isn't true) !

That there train is a major nostalgia buzz. You've set me off. I can remember very clearly the feeling of setting it up in the dark and positioning myself in such a away that it looked deadly going around the track with the headlights on. Some craic.

Here did your train have a yellow speed wheel on a black controller?

Ha, I almost bought a new lego train earlier for myself for chrimbo but it turns out it's kinda shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back