the ex. thurs april 24. whelans (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 36
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 8
you're the spit of the guitarist! Knew you'd like them. 'Scrabbling the lock' is a deadly album, 'turn', their newest one is great too. Got that DVD of them in New york, it was like a flashback, only there was this bird on the double bass who was doing the craziest mad shit ever. wish she was there last night, but they were only brillo in anyways. Wish they played Dublin every week.

that's was savage. i'd never seen them before or heard any of their records. i was just passing by and decided to pop in. glad i did. fantastic.

can someone recommend me some records?

that's was savage. i'd never seen them before or heard any of their records. i was just passing by and decided to pop in. glad i did. fantastic.

can someone recommend me some records?

Gutted to have missed this!
Hoy Neilio I'd recommend more or less everything since Katrin started drumming for them. The earlier stuff is dull shouty punka-punka to these ears.

My faves:
Scrabbling at the lock; Joggers and smoggers; Instant; Starters alternators; Turn; Pokkeherrie

Gutted to have missed this!
Hoy Neilio I'd recommend more or less everything since Katrin started drumming for them. The earlier stuff is dull shouty punka-punka to these ears.

My faves:
Scrabbling at the lock; Joggers and smoggers; Instant; Starters alternators; Turn; Pokkeherrie

yep to all above recommendations but also check out any stuff with Tom Cora, deadly!

they have about an hour of free music covering all their albums, or most of them anyway

http://www.theex.nl/audio.htm

so you can get a taster of all their stuff.

yep to all above recommendations but also check out any stuff with Tom Cora, deadly!

they have about an hour of free music covering all their albums, or most of them anyway

http://www.theex.nl/audio.htm

so you can get a taster of all their stuff.

got turn, scrabbling (which _has_ tom cora) and the singles comp last night, all €10, even the turn double. cd w/getatchew mekuria is good too.

good gig last night - had a touch of barnstormers '93 about it... maybe it was the red longsleeves. from the tune before state of shock to the 1st encore was relentless.

be sure to check out terp records, too - side label focusing mostly on african stuff. haven't heard a bad disc from them, though the beraki double is heavy going in places.

got turn, scrabbling (which _has_ tom cora) and the singles comp last night, all €10, even the turn double. cd w/getatchew mekuria is good too.

good gig last night - had a touch of barnstormers '93 about it... maybe it was the red longsleeves. from the tune before state of shock to the 1st encore was relentless.

be sure to check out terp records, too - side label focusing mostly on african stuff. haven't heard a bad disc from them, though the beraki double is heavy going in places.

got the getatchew last night its pretty cool just listening to it now! must get scrabbling as well. think u can buy albums cheap of their site as well must look into it in future.

how come they only did ireland on this tour? i'm gutted they aren't playing london

they are playing london in september as a twelve peice with the ethiopian sax player Getatchew Mekuria

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back