The Departed (1 Viewer)

remember that show on BBC2 on Sunday mornings a couple of years ago "this morning with Richard NOT Judy" and they had a running hate campaign against Leo Di Caprio for having a "ickle pea-head" that ya just wanna squeeze and that his face is still too big for its features?

That was well funny....but he was deadly in Departed

I thought that the major failing of The Departed was that there wasn't enough scenes featuring DiCaprio with his shirt off. Not enough by half.

your wan vera farmiga was delicious too. wasn't enough shots of her butt neither! although there were some..

Alec Baldwin is approaching legend status because of this film:

"I'm gonna go have a smoke right now. You want a smoke? You don't smoke, do ya, right? What are ya, one of those fitness freaks, huh? Go fuck yourself."

That being said, this is over rated I think. Aviator was better. Although the three wankers suppin' cans of cider and talking through out might have impacted its deadliness factor.

I've been drinking cranberry juice for weeks now waiting for some jerk in a bar to say "are YOU in your period?" so I can smash a glass into his head.

No I haven't. But anyway, I need to see this again!

Alec Baldwin is approaching legend status because of this film:

"I'm gonna go have a smoke right now. You want a smoke? You don't smoke, do ya, right? What are ya, one of those fitness freaks, huh? Go fuck yourself."

He's in a new sitcom in the US called 30 Rock. He's hilarious in it and I recommend you download it now.

That is all.

I was a bit underwhelmed by this. The movie, not the thread. The thread is not bad. Stays on topic well. I thought the movie was a bit too comfortably/pointlessly violent. I think Scorsese is interested in the Irish as lowlives/criminals because of some bullshit idea that we're crazily violent and non-communicative. Nonsense. MacDonald's Euro Saver menu. Sense.

Oh, and Matt Damon should pack in the acting. He should get into business.

Quite enjoyable.

Fucking Mark Wahlberg is great.
Matt Damon really grooves in that part, those mean bullets for eyes of his.
DiCaprio's the weak link, but he doesn't really marr this.

If it had ended any other way, I'd have been disappointed.

I enjoyed it. Best role nicholsons had in a long time; maybe since batman.

I'm a sucker for good endings though, and was'nt entirely satisfied with the last few scenes.

I met the irish guy in it at Spring Break last week, he's fucking tiny.

liked it. a lo.
question: the fella that got shot in the getaway after sheen takes the plummet asks di caprio just before he croaks it: "why didn't i give you away?"
...so was he undercover too?
a friend disagrees, i think he was. anyone?

Obviously was, just like there was more than one infiltrating the cops. Symmetry and all, like.

I was kind of under the impression that it was only a remake of Infernal Affairs in terms of taking the same basic concept. Quite wrong I was.

actually, not sure about that guy. must look into it. because I assumed as much, but then it's not totally clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back