THE DAY THE COUNTRY DIED BOOK (1 Viewer)

IAIN

GOT THIS THE OTHER DAY. SOME REALLY GOOD STUFF IN IT. BEST PUNK BOOK IN A WHILE, PACKED FULL OF GOOD STUFF

Attachments

• the_day_the_country_died_book.jpg
    the_day_the_country_died_book.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 52
GOT IT IN LONDON, BUT I THINK U CAN GET IT ON AMAZON OR SOMETHING SIMILAR, FOR 10 STERLING, FREE POSTAGE TO UK ONLY I THINK,
ITS DEFINATLY WORTH GETTING IF UR INTO IT. IT REALLY GIVES U THE WHOLE HISTORY OF THE BANDS

I don't have a credit card so can't order online. I got his last book in easons so this one'll show up.
The last one was a handy reference but could have done with better discography's etc. I imagine this one will be much the same. Lance Hahn should compile the articles on anarcho bands he's been doing in mrr. I've heard rumours he will but nothing solid.

I DIDNT GET BURNING BRITAIN YET , GOT THE CRASS BOOK HE DID BUT THIS IS DEFINATELY COMPLETE, AND HAS DISCOGRAPHY AT THE END OF EACH BAND

Burning Britain has discography's,but they are only reall of the key releases and don't have the ever essential pressing info . Shame really.

HAHA. WELL I COULD SCAN IN THE BEST ONES. ONLY READ CONFLICT AND OI POLLOI SO FAR, EARLY OI POLLOI LYRICS "skinhead on his own, head shaved to the bone, writing skinhead slogans on a public phone " WAS PRETTY FUNNY, AND THE DISCOG SAYS SELECTED DISCOG SO IT MIGHT NOT SATISFY UR CRAVINGS ENOUGH

Don't get me wrong. I'll still buy it and am quite looking forward to reading it. The next in the series is the one I'm looking forward to most,ukhc.

This is quite a good read and i heard there may be another book in the pipeline with anarcho stuff from 84 up to the present

Really looking forward to this, Burning Britain was fuckin excellent and there's more of the stuff I'm really into in this... Is the same author going to do the UKHC one do you know, Gary? I heard a while ago about Lance Hahn doing a similar book on punk-band-history.

damn im kicking myself in the head for not picking this up in england last weekend, i ended up hearing loadsa really bad reviews that elft me dubious, mixed in with spending a small fortune of fuckin sterling on records made me pass up on it...soon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back