The Damned Support? (1 Viewer)

I rang BF earlier to try and blag the gig.No joy,yer man said they've 2 support acts.I did'nt ask who obviously.Don't know if I'll bother going this time around.

i seen em in blackpool couple of years ago, and like most of the crowd we left after a song or two, i thought they were crap (and i was even drunk), thats being honest, first couple of albums were great,

I've never seen the Damned,is there any point in going if I only really like the first 3 lp's?
They are not as bad as some bands are who are going 20-30 years later but I still think you wouldn't be into 'em now...
It's all very much a darker/Gothier version, sure they play the old classics too but it just reminds me of a tribute band playing 'em.
Here is the last time I caught some of them.
This was from Rebellion and from other similar vids from that year that is the style they play....

YouTube - The Damned / Plan 9 channel 7 [Rebellion '07]
Remember Rat Scabies is gone these days too.
I won't be going to them or The Stranglers.

i think they are bringing a couple of supports with them ,they had actaully invited the develish presleys to play at that gig, but they said they were playing with us the following night in dorans and would rather just do that gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that says it all!

have to say that I still love the damned, but it depends on what set they try to do, they either play all of the utter bollocks or all of the classics. I suspect this one will be full of the bollocks again!

I rang BF earlier to try and blag the gig.No joy,yer man said they've 2 support acts.I did'nt ask who obviously.Don't know if I'll bother going this time around.

It'd be cool if they just played Strawberries.And Eloise.

never seen them do a bad gig here ,the last one leaned heavly towards the machine gun end of things which suited me fine ,they are one of a very few bands id go to every time they play like Motorhead,you dont get to hear mastepieces like "second time around " and disco man" live in this shithole ofa city too often !

The last show was grand.The keyboard player wuz behind a perspex screen though.What the fuck were he expecting,a load of expectorating middle age punks showering him with lung butter.On a stage that height,at our age,not a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back