The Button Factory (1 Viewer)

musicmatty

Came back to the motherland after a while away in London and they've renamed the Temple Bar Music Centre to 'The Button Factory'. Can anyone tell me why? I couldn't see any buttons for the life of me.

they called it something else first but had to change the name cos some place in London had that name (can't remember what it was) and weren't happy that TBMC took the name.

I heard a story about where the name came from but I can't recall it now. It does make sense. Either way I still call it TBMC.

they called it something else first but had to change the name cos some place in London had that name (can't remember what it was) and weren't happy that TBMC took the name.

They should have tried harder

http://www.urban75.org/mayday01/001.html

I saw Fleas and Lice, Coitus and loads of other bands there( way too drunk to remember) the night before the Conflict/Milton Keynes gig in 2001

And Cargo was the London venue that they tried to appropriate the name from.

which kicks the shit out of it too
Wouldn't say that to be honest. Was never too keen on cargo, always seemed to more of a club than a live venue. Haven't been there in a couple of years so it might have changed I guess. On the other hand I think they've done a brilliant job on the new layout and sound in the button factory.

Wouldn't say that to be honest. Was never too keen on cargo, always seemed to more of a club than a live venue. Haven't been there in a couple of years so it might have changed I guess. On the other hand I think they've done a brilliant job on the new layout and sound in the button factory.

Yeah its a huge improvement

actually i havent been in tbmc since its button factory but cargo is a shite club but deadly venue. soundwise its amazing and its like crawdaddy only a bit larger and a deadly smoking garden.
one of my favourite venues.

Yeah I think it'll always be the Music Centre for me too. Maybe that's just cos I'm getting old though. I still refer to punts and pence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back