Terrodactyl EP Launch , Super Extra Bonus Party , We Are Knives + Enemies !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Organised Ideas

Organised Ideas // Armed Ambitions Is Proud to Announce :

Terrordactyl EP Launch !!!

l_f600db1a24b26e446486678515a2720d.jpg

Formed in April/May 2006. Ex- Puget Sound, Kelsey and Apostles .

Mick and Lar also play drums and guitar respectively in Adebisi Shank. Owensie plays mandolin in Domhnach Dubh. Jill messes about on melodica and keytar in her room/is part of Porco Dio (RIP) and GZ Collective.

This will be release number four on Armed Ambitions Records .

"The band are amazingly tight for the jagged swooping movements that the songs have. Mick, the drummer brings the sharp rhythms, Owensie on guitar, Jill on the Korg adds a extra layer of musical distinction and Lar who displays amazing dexterity on the bass . Musically, it’s frenetic as fuck but it’s the kind of organised chaos that has the capacity to blow you away. Especially when they employ the use of a sudden, massive bass-heavy synth sound (appropriately called “Hell” the band tell us later) that I’m sure is every conservative sound engineer’s worst nightmare , so I urge you to GO SEE THEM LIVE. Again, GO SEE THEM LIVE..." - Nialler 9

"experimental rockin' groovin'" - Eoin Blunt

With Support From .....

Super Extra Bonus Party

l_be0599757e7b033df8f3530581c490c2.jpg

"Super Extra Bonus Party kick out the jams with a barrage of magnificent sounds and shapes... There's clattering electro, hypnotic indie-pop drones, a bit of dreamy ambience, a belt of dirty hip hop rudeboyisms, and moments where all of the above appear to come perfectly together in one very deep and wide soundclash. "4/5 stars- Irish Times

"What the Irish music scene would sound like if it weren't shite" -75% Mongrel

We Are Knives

l_c1b574806db1fc6fe6f8ad9d87b66e4e.jpg

"Shifting time signatures, finger tapping, guitar loops and pounding drum kit, these guys get better with each show. Perhaps the best band from these shores? That wouldnt be an exaggeration. They're ability to play is only matched by their willingness to play" - Skinny Wolves Promotions

"Greatttt" - Popular Records

Enemies

l_da8cac61cf11a76f14d0b974532947f1.jpg

Slow-melodic intrsumental post-rock from Kilcoole featuring members of Kidd Blunt , Division Ruin , Rocket Surgery and loads more...

@ The Lower Deck,
Portobello
Friday November 9th
Doors 8pm
10 euro with a FREE EP !!!

thelowerdeckmap.jpg

Armed Ambitions Bio:

Armed Ambitons // Organised Ideas was started a few years ago when the first communique was made to audiences via promoting DIY gigs in the form of "Organised Ideas"; who has since organised benefit gigs for such causes as Shell 2 Sea, Indymedia and The Brains Collective. Organised Ideas is also a part of the recently deceased Porco Dio collective.
The other side of the project is Armed Ambitions which is an independent record label and publisher. The aim of Armed Ambitions is to support and release Independent bands and to help promote their music both nationaly and internationaly, fully involving artists in all aspects of this process . Armed Ambitions is currently working with a few different bands from varied genres and has two releases to date plus many more on the way .

Armed Ambition Releases
:

Adebisi Shank EP - "This is the front cover by a band called Adebisi Shank" - OUT NOW !!

Herv - Flot and Retent - FREE DOWNLOAD

Vimanas EP - OUT NOW !!

Terrordactly - OUT NOVEMBER 9TH

Bats - Date to be announced

I promised my self i'd try and not be negative about stuff on this board any more but Super Extra Bonus Party are one of the worst fucking bands I've ever heard.

Otherwise, nice line up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back