Terence Wheelock, murdered by the Gardai (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

W.

fuck dialectics
Since 2000
http://www.indymedia.ie/newswire.php?story_id=72587

The family of Terence Wheelock are holding a vigil outside Store Street Garda station on 29th of October. They are looking for as much support as possible.

The meeting point is outside Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Sean McDermott Street at 2pm on the 29th October.

Terence died as a result of injuries received in Store St. Garda station. There are a whole series of unanswered questions about what happened that night. The family are calling for an independent public inquiry to seek the answers that aren't forthcoming from the Gardai.
http://www.villagemagazine.ie/article.asp?sid=1&sud=41&aid=459

" Oh Jesus Christ,The guy was a criminal. Now under NO uncertain circumstance does that give gardai the right to kill him, and the Gardai are beyond reproach, but he was a criminal and suspected of robbery...and he was a criminal the gardai had an abosolute right to detain him. I want to be a garda, and The Ammount of abuse they get, of scumbags, junkie's and other scum is unreal. And the day the garda cant use force is the day this country implodes on itself."

He needs a good stab in the face ^ ^

he was found unconscious in a cell in Store St Garda station. According to the Garda Síochána Terence tried to hang himself

A statement Yvonne Banbury (solicitor) took from a person detained in Store St at the same time as Wheelock describes him as singing in his cell. It is unlikely he would have been apprehensive about facing a possible criminal charge as he had an alibi accounting for his movements at the time the car was stolen.
Two hours after being brought in, at 2.40pm, he was found unconscious in his cell. Gardaí say that he was checked five times between 12.25pm and 2.40pm. A statement from another detainee at the station says they heard suspicious noises coming from the cell.
The gardaí say they found him with a ligature around his neck – apparently this was the cord from his tracksuit bottoms. In order for him to hang himself he would have had to kneel on the ground and tie the ligature to a wall fixture that was there.
The gardaí notified the family of his death and brought them to the wrong hospital. The Garda say this was a "misunderstanding between the gardaí and the ambulance control".
the matter is "receiving attention."

SO...
is that the way things are that the Guards/State can murder people without recourse...

Is that the way things are that me or you could end up " recieving attention"

The whole thing stinks....

Having spoke to the family I can confirm that they will continue to struggle for the truth...

Who's next?

me or you?

Politakill said:
" Oh Jesus Christ,The guy was a criminal. Now under NO uncertain circumstance does that give gardai the right to kill him, and the Gardai are beyond reproach, but he was a criminal and suspected of robbery...and he was a criminal the gardai had an abosolute right to detain him. I want to be a garda, and The Ammount of abuse they get, of scumbags, junkie's and other scum is unreal. And the day the garda cant use force is the day this country implodes on itself."

He needs a good stab in the face ^ ^
Er?

yeah my dad is a garda you dont knoe the half-queen buzzo

The above was in my priavte messages lol

So fucking what if your da is a garda, does that give those scumbags a right to murder someone just because he is a criminal?
Is this fucking Latin America?????

ACAB (99% of 'em anyway)

The guy died in very suspicious circumstances. What I find objectionable is comments like this:

Janer said:
Is this fucking Latin America?????

No its not, its Ireland where you are innocent until proven guilty. So how about we lay off the "murder" shit until the family's legal team have had a chance to complete proceedings?

Prejudge, and you're as bad as the people you detest.

JANER said:
Look, how many have they murdered in custody and how many cops have ever being done?
NONE!
*Donegal* cough

Ah I suppose you're right so. Who else will we be denying the right of a fair trial to. Cos thats what you're doing, you know that yeah? Deciding guilt before all the facts have come in. A bit like the cops you detest so much.

Strange bedfellows...

JANER said:
But but they won't even be brought to trial ;]

Let me paint a picture...

Cop A arrestes a suspected joyrider. He "knows" he did it, but also "knows" he won't be brought to trial, or if he is he'll be out on the streets in a matter of weeks. "Sure whats the point" he asks himself. So he gets said suspect in a cell, and gives him a tickle of a baton.

"Why'd you do it piggy?" asks you.
"Sure he won't even be brought to trial" says he.

Ah sure grand so.

so did anyone go to the vigil?
i couldnt believe this when i read it.

i wonder if the Garda involved was robocop.
those corrupt fuckers, this is unblievable.

Arrest and detention of Terence Wheelock at Store Street Garda Station on the 2nd June, 2005.
The above incident has created a huge amount of media interest and in many cases this coverage is based on versions which are not factually correct.

Terence Wheelock, along with three others, were arrested at 12.10pm on the 2nd June, 2005, for an offence under Section 112, Road Traffic Acts (Unauthorised taking of a vehicle).

The vehicle, which is a disabled driver vehicle, had been stolen sometime earlier in the Donnybrook area. When recovered, some €5,500 of damage had been done to the car, including the destruction of a mechanical lift required for the driver to access the vehicle. The lift was recovered in the home of one of those arrested. The three others involved in this incident were charged with offences relating to the matter, two of whom appeared in Court on the 16th June, 2005. The other person failed to attend and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Two of those arrested were detained at Mountjoy Garda Station, while Terence and one other were detained at Store Street Garda Station arriving there at 12.20pm. He was placed in a cell at 12.25pm and between that time and 2.40pm he was checked in his cell on five occasions. On each visit all was found to be in order.

At 2.40pm on checking the cell, Terence was not visible through the inspection hatch. The Garda on duty entered the cell and found Terence unconscious and lying against a side wall with a ligature tied around his neck. The ligature was secured to a fixture which is counter sunk into the wall.

With the assistance of other Gardai, Terence was lifted from this position and the ligature removed from around his neck. One officer immediately commenced mouth to mouth resuscitation and others commenced CPR. An ambulance was summoned at 2.44pm and Terence was removed to the Mater Hospital at 2.52pm. by Dublin Fire Brigade.

Some media reports refer to extensive bruising on Terence's body. The Gardai see no reason for this nor were they noticed by the Gardai or DFB personnel who attended the incident.

Gardai cannot access a person's medical records without their express permission or that of their next of kin. This permission has not been forthcoming to date.

The Commissioner has appointed Detective Superintendent Oliver Hanley, Dun Laoghaire Garda Station, to examine the circumstances surrounding this incident and pending the outcome of his enquiries, it would be unwise for An Garda Siochana to comment further in the matter.

KEVIN DONOHOE
SUPERINTENDENT
GARDA PRESS & PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER

hmmm.
well it seems like that's their story and they're sticking to it.
again, hmmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back