tenpastseven (1 Viewer)

hag said:
it's cool for people to do what they want, no? you have your own principles, live by them. don't force them on other people.
[/list]

Look Hag I know you're only messin, so that's cool, but come on we both know that 7:10 can't get away with this outrage!!!!!!!!!!

I love 7.10. ... Havent seen them play in ages though :(. They are playing the shoe in Cork next wed (16th) by the way if anyone wants to go. I once again will be missing due to pressing engagements elsewhere

stephenoblunt said:
A band that makes cash from music, that sells out their music! Or a band that does ads and stuff.

Or if they get reviewed in like Hot Press or something or goes online and gets famous or whatever.

my boyfriend told me to go to my room and count to ten before i write anything else.

stephenoblunt said:
A band that makes cash from music, that sells out their music! Or a band that does ads and stuff.

Or if they get reviewed in like Hot Press or something or goes online and gets famous or whatever.
I wouldn't consider any of those to be selling out.....

stephenoblunt said:
Look Hag I know you're only messin, so that's cool, but come on we both know that 7:10 can't get away with this outrage!!!!!!!!!!
steve, i'm not messin', live and let live. i've got to say, i admire someone who feels strongly about their principles and can stick to them their entire lives. but it's unreasonable to expect everyone else to believe in what you believe in. and i don't think that makes them bad people. they're just different to you. would you be pissed at me if i said i hoped to make music some day that a whole lot of people might enjoy just for the feelings it gives them? (as in, the music may not be trying to deliver any message in particular...) i might not want to sign to a mojor label but i'd want the best deal i could get for my work while being able to retain all artistic integrity. and that might cause me to be reviewed in a major publication. and i might get famous. would you be pissed at me for that?

hag said:
steve, i'm not messin', live and let live. i've got to say, i admire someone who feels strongly about their principles and can stick to them their entire lives. but it's unreasonable to expect everyone else to believe in what you believe in. and i don't think that makes them bad people. they're just different to you. would you be pissed at me if i said i hoped to make music some day that a whole lot of people might enjoy just for the feelings it gives them? (as in, the music may not be trying to deliver any message in particular...) i might not want to sign to a mojor label but i'd want the best deal i could get for my work while being able to retain all artistic integrity. and that might cause me to be reviewed in a major publication. and i might gfet famous. would you be pissed at me for that?

If you said that to me I'd start working on a time machine and go back and not let you play Kilcoole!

But I know you're only messin! If my band ever played to more than 40-100 people I'd stop the gig, or if Hot Press asked to review one of our cds I'd tell them to get a taxi to Busted's house!!!!

stephenoblunt said:
Have you been locked in a wardrobe for your whole life?!!

Well what would you say is selling out???

Have I been locked in a wardrobe???????? yes, actually but I prefer not to talk about it.

Selling out?? hmm.... I suppose producing music that you have no interest in or that you really don't want to produce just in the interest of making money. If your music makes you money and you like that music and feel you haven't lost your self respect or sold your soul to the devil in the process then it's not really selling out.

Where did this sell-out malarky come from anyone......

oh man, i love the guitar player, i like to imagine i will play guitar like that someday. that'll never happen *sigh*

hag said:
i have big love for 7:10.

Not as big as my love, I guarantee it. The bassist's barely-there facial hair makes my tummy go all funny....um.

I am super-annoyed I was too exhausted for the Crawdaddy gig. I made it to the City Arts one and then collapsed. It was the first gig of theirs in Dublin that I missed as well.

For me, it is their youth coupled with their talent that makes them so mind-blowing. I'm not sure they'll impress me so much when they're old and gnarly (like you, Hag). But that may just be my latent paedophilia coming out. Or my wishing I was 18 again, sigh.

jesus. there's sadie saying she loves the guitar player and then mendozy saying she loves the bass player, their youth being a big compenent in the attraction. i'd just like to point out at this time that if a guy around my age was to say they liked say.... oh the girls in the chalets because they were so young, we'd be labelled perverts.

hag said:
jesus. there's sadie saying she loves the guitar player and then mendozy saying she loves the bass player, their youth being a big compenent in the attraction. i'd just like to point out at this time that if a guy around my age was to say they liked say.... oh the girls in the chalets because they were so young, we'd be labelled perverts.

Yeah, but if I were to sleep with 20 guys in the space of a month and you were to sleep with 20 girls, who do you think they'd be calling a slag? (I love Them.)

And this would have been a much quicker comeback if it weren't for the fact that my connection speed at work is ridiculously slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back