tartan aisaextreme films at ugc dublin (4 Viewers)

Gozu (Japan)
Opens 30th July

A tale of two sisters (Korea)
Opens 13th August

Phone (Korea)
Opens 27th August

The Isle (Korea)
Opens 10th September

Save the Green Planet (Korea)
Opens 24th September

Into the Mirror (Korea)
Opens 8th October

Chaos (Japan)
Opens 22nd October

just saw gozu...

excellent stuff. def one of miike takashi's better efforts.

cinema was pretty full too (although a fair few left along the way.. i pity them missing THAT ending)

Stacy said:
just saw gozu...

excellent stuff. def one of miike takashi's better efforts.

cinema was pretty full too (although a fair few left along the way.. i pity them missing THAT ending)
saw it on friday. class film. might go back to see it again. what was the deal with that milk thou?

xsteox said:
saw it on friday. class film. might go back to see it again. what was the deal with that milk thou?
weidrest, most abrupt ending ever, hilarious!

POP!

''we put her in tab and she was back to normal' :D :D

the milk i guess was part of the whole birth/rebirth theme that was pretty much going through the whole film.

miike takashi is a total fuckin' charlatan. Discuss. That is, Gozu is a very bad film. Emperor's new clothes, people.

Ichi the Killer is savage.
Audition I haven't seen.
Happiness of the Katukuris is ridiculously good.
Dead or Alive has about the best starts and finishes I've seen, the in between's not great though.
Rainy Dog and Ley Lines are good, not outstanding.

Visitor Q is also savage.Miike's ''Gentlemen Of Honor'' was on FilmFour a while back I only caught a bit of it where some guy lying on the floor start's shutting hole's in the roof.I liked that scene.
''A Tale Of Two Sister's'' is really good too and ''Save The Green Planet'' is like a hybrid of load's of genre's that sounds silly but kind of work's , yeah it's good too and ''The Phone'' sucks and ''The Isle'' is boring despite a really graphic scene involving a fishing rod.

JTS Brown, why EXACTLY was Audition "bollix" as you so beautifully put it? It's one of the best Japanese thrillers out there and the acting is superb as is the story line.

leela_OU818 said:
JTS Brown, why EXACTLY was Audition "bollix" as you so beautifully put it? It's one of the best Japanese thrillers out there and the acting is superb as is the story line.

Jay Tee, I got yr back on this. (You pick up VV2: Villainous Viktor yet? Reports? Word to yrs.)
Audition was 'bollix' coz its narratively redundant, shock predicated Bullshix. Maybe if yr shocked by it you can get something out of it. Squatblevah.

When did I say I was shocked by it? I thought it was an excellent film, an idea not explored by many film makers, directors or writers. The acting was above standard and the casting director deserves some kind of award for choosing such a perfect cast.

Ps....What exact meaning of the "predicate" did you mena to use? Take your pick from this list......

pred·i·cate

1-To base or establish (a statement or action, for example): I predicated my argument on the facts.

2-To state or affirm as an attribute or quality of something: The sermon predicated the perfectibility of humankind.

3-To carry the connotation of; imply.

4-Logic. To make (a term or expression) the predicate of a proposition.

5-To proclaim or assert; declare.

Dixer said:
Jay Tee, I got yr back on this. (You pick up VV2: Villainous Viktor yet? Reports? Word to yrs.)
Audition was 'bollix' coz its narratively redundant, shock predicated Bullshix. Maybe if yr shocked by it you can get something out of it. Squatblevah.
Hey Dix, Blast this loser. "Which meaning of predic...." What?!
Whats crackin' with you. Long time no skree. No VV, hold up on the pressing, sold out or some shit. Its On Ruth though.
Smell you later dude.

freddy_c.jpg

Heartless How Evil Fred Krueger may have dispatched another dream warrior yesterday

george mcfly said:
freddy_c.jpg

here's an award from my casting director

Jay Tee, is that Crispin Glover in yr avatar? Crispin wld make a GREAT Joker. George, you want to bounce that award over to Jay? Yr right about The Eye too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back