synth/drone/key player wanted for heavy dark band (1 Viewer)

memetic

Looking for someone with a good grasp of melody songwriting and composition to start a new project with

Myself and a drummer are starting a new band and trying something pretty different we into a wide and varied range of music from, drum n bass (the good shit spor noisia apex) electronic as in aphex twin, clark amon tobin square pusher venetian snares, Metal as in tool, isis, a perfect circle, opeth, alternative like mars volta, massive attack. pj harvey, pixies. jazz like miles davis john coltrane, pharoh sanders. you get the idea.

Im looking to do something really heavy really melodic and atmospheric and dark using drums bass guitar and some synth/sampling etc. I would like to build a sound first taking into account all instruments and where they sit whithin the eq spectrum the way massive attack did to make a really polished well produced sound both live and on cd.

I want to use a similar aproach to songwriting as radiohead have used on their last few albums by recording each part as individual pieces for a long number of months and then putting the songs together at a later stage with more of a third person perspective and at a time when we are less attached to the sections of music.
At the moment im thinking instrumental and using sting and violin synths as vocal lines similar to this piece

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

myself and the drummer have a studio in kildare and we have a few bass players trying out over the next couple of weeks. This would be fairly serious project and require a decent ammount of input and dedication from everyone involved with aims for touring etc. myself and the drummer have toured europe and america with prevoius bands so these plans would not be empty waffle as i can imagine it may sound =)

Anyone interested send me a pm
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back