SXSMfest Fred Zeppelins Cork may 2&3rd Grinding Halt, Insuiciety, Drainland, Mongolia (1 Viewer)

Re: SXSMfest Fred Zeppelins Cork may 2&3rd Grinding Halt, Insuiciety, Drainland, Mong

do ya recognize them?

cow lover mooooooooo
i recognise the land! and my uncle keeps cows up there. i used have nightmares about that place actually. my old french teacher's boyfriend threw himself off that very cliff, right where the cows are.

Re: SXSMfest Fred Zeppelins Cork may 2&3rd Grinding Halt, Insuiciety, Drainland, Mong

i recognise the land! and my uncle keeps cows up there. i used have nightmares about that place actually. my old french teacher's boyfriend threw himself off that very cliff, right where the cows are.

thats lovely.... thanks for sharing.....

actually... now i look at the photo more carefully.....

cows.jpg

this is what it looks like from the other side.
i fucking hate cliffs.
beacon02.jpg

realy good buzz at the gig last night... every band [every band i saw which was only ONC, Ghundi and Drainland] played great sets.....i actually enjoyed ONC the sound was really good so well done :)

Ghundi are defo one of my favourite Irish bands fo sho.|..|

Ghundi
SA400825.jpg

Drainland
SA400839.jpg

Very Bendy

SA400841.jpg

SA400824.jpg

...i actually enjoyed ONC the sound was really good so well done :)

You're only saying that cause you're too lazy to get up and want me to go to the shop for ya.... :)

I taught Drainland rocked massive amounts, getting much better everytime they play...
Ghundi were class too...very energetic...shame they weren't so energetic when I gave them the chance to take on the ONC wrecking crew outside the Quad :) though Kollin did lift me up dangling me over an expensive car :eek:
Only caught 3 or 4 songs of I'll Eat Your Face and they were much better then I remember them being before, so thats good...still think they should sort out vocals....
Didn't stay for Grinding Halt as two songs in my brain was wondering so I headed downstairs to catch up with folk I had'nt seen in awhile...
All in all, a great night and good crack hanging out with the CEO of Rimbaud Records in the Quad.... :p

So roll on tonight and we can do it all over again...

insuiciety were fucking immense last night, should be great tonight.

You're only saying that cause you're too lazy to get up and want me to go to the shop for ya.... :)

I taught Drainland rocked massive amounts, getting much better everytime they play...
Ghundi were class too...very energetic...shame they weren't so energetic when I gave them the chance to take on the ONC wrecking crew outside the Quad :) though Kollin did lift me up dangling me over an expensive car :eek:
Only caught 3 or 4 songs of I'll Eat Your Face and they were much better then I remember them being before, so thats good...still think they should sort out vocals....
Didn't stay for Grinding Halt as two songs in my brain was wondering so I headed downstairs to catch up with folk I had'nt seen in awhile...
All in all, a great night and good crack hanging out with the CEO of Rimbaud Records in the Quad.... :p

So roll on tonight and we can do it all over again...

here you forgot the voicemails at ungodly hours...though i seriously doubt you remember that! :)

booty call:heart:

ha ha...are you doing a holiday reps job in spain? or cabaret?
great singing voice.

Morning all! :)

Grinding Halt were damn good alright - one of the best bands I've seen in ages, cept the second last song was so bass heavy i couldn't hear a thing! Or maybe i was just blown into a temporary deafness around then.

Ghundi and Drainland kicked ass.

Overall a peaceful night in the ghetto.

I don't feel well, expresso time! Got Iron Lung/Endless Blockades split lp last night from Jamie, time to give it a blast!

Enjoy the flight, have a beer and a nap and you'll be home in no time!

Insuiciety were fuckin awesome last night...i had not heard them at all until last night!

Mongolia kicked ass too [as always] fuckin savage set!

Stantons Grave were a lil shaky but with more gigs under the belt i think their gonna be a ace.|..|

Elk....nuff said

excellent gig well done to all involved. holler!

Stantons Grave

SA400857.jpg

SA400859.jpg

Mongolia

SA400861.jpg

Insuiciety

resized.jpg

SA400874.jpg

Stantons Grave were a lil shaky but with more gigs under the belt i think their gonna be a ace.|..|

Hey, cheers. Ya I know I fucked up a fair bit - that tequila I had to steady myself didn't quite work out as I'd planned. Couldn't remember any of the words, not really surprising since I'd only written them at 2.30 the night before. Hopefully I'll be better prepared next time. But thanks to everyone for not booing us off :)

Everyone else was amazing though, had an awesome night!

p.s. By the way, if anyone has any more digital photos of the gig, I'd love to get some for the aul myspace so I can give mitch clem back his negative adjectives pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back