Surreal UTV/ITV "filler" animation from the 80s.. (1 Viewer)

pissypants

Does anyone remember this?:
They used to play it on ITV/UTV in the afternoons quite regularly as a "filler".
It was a couple of minutes of an animation accompanied by a sort of "classical music with rock drums" type music. Think "War of the Worlds". The animation was, in my hazy memory, a sort of Fantastic Planet sort of futuristic thing with slightly non-human beings flying across a landscape in pearly-sheened floating craft.

I can even remember the tune and can record and post an mp3 of the melody if it comes to it....

There is nothing at stake here but my sanity.

Anyone know what it was / if it's online somewhere?

Anyone remember those very short fillers that RTE used to have on during the 1980's?

They were mental.

I remember one on RTÉ about Salvador Dalí that claimed he go inspiration for The Persistence of Time from visiting an inventor who had towels with moving clocks on them. It was a bit strange.

Its strange to think that as recently as the mid-80s there was occasionally space in between programmes where nobody was trying to sell you anything and instead played a load of animated faceless musicians in the middle of the ocean who may or may not have some relationship with a spaceman who is collecting an underwater city to have in his spaceship for his own amusement

Ulster_lollipop2.jpg

Always rated this better!
Still waiting for the English version to come out on DVD - Thinks its out in French.
Check out the funky bass near the start that seems to drop out further in!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back