SUPERSUCKERS (SAT JAN 24, WHELANS) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 800
  • Watchers 3

u:m

U:MACK
Present
SUPERSUCKERS
Plus
FEMALE HERCULES
MOUTPIECE
WHELANS, WEXFORD STREET
SATURDAY 24 JANUARY
DOORS 8pm (EARLY SHOW)
TICKETS e14.50 FROM ROAD, CITY DISCS AND SOUND CELLAR
Download supersuckers music and videos at WWW.SUPERSUCKERS.COM

Hi,
happy new year.
We got some awesome gigs booked for this year. The first one is the best live rock'n'roll band in the world, the legendary Supersuckers, from Tucson, Arizona.

The Supersuckers relocated to Seattle from Tucson at the tail end of the me-me-me '80s and provided Seattle with a fresh injection of crowd-pleasing, good-time rock'n'roll, and songs about Satan, Wild West, booze, and drugs. After singles on the Sympathy For The Record Industry, Lucky, and eMpTy labels, the Supersuckers released a singles compilation CD for eMpTy before signing with the now legendary Sub Pop for 1992's The Smoke of Hell. With its subversive and infamous cover art by underground comics god Daniel Clowes, and such inventive lyricism as rhyming "marijuana" with "Lola Falana," the Supersuckers would have been driving young boys to ungodly acts and deflowering young virgins even if their legendary cover of Ice Cube's "Dead Homiez" had never been released.

Their reputation as one of the best live rock bands on the planet has lead to them playing as Willie Nelsons backing band, and recording with the likes of Steve Earle, Willie Nelson, Kelley Deal of The Breeders and Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam.
for photos or more info, just get in touch
hope life is good,
u:mack

kirstie said:
neither can I
it will be a weekend of VD's for me.

Dvd's that is.

just a reminder that this is on tomorrow night

rothko said:
Yeah I'm curious too...

it was great. never saw or heard them before saturday night and i loved it. really good fun, rocked like the bejesus, funny as hell.
no irony in that room - cowboy hats, devil signs, wrap around shades, pointy-toed boots, guitar solos standing on monitors, thin lizzy tribute section!

but the bestest part was the guitarist combing his sknyrd hair between songs!

.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back