Supersonic 2008 - Birmingham (2 Viewers)

I Bleed Black

Website
www.myspace.com
This is on in The Custard Factory in Birmingham on July 11-13.

Run by these people: http://www.capsule.org.uk

Rumoured line up so far is:

BATTLES, HARVEY MILK, EFTERKLANG, HARMONIA, NOXAGT, EARTH, WOODEN SHJIPS, THRONES, OXBOW, JUSTICE YELDMAN, DALEK, ORTHODOX, BLACK SUN, THE OWL SERVICE, MAX TUNDRA, MAGNETAPHONE, EINSTELLUNG and GUAPO

I also heard that Asva are playing this. Great line up, I will definitely be heading over. Went to this in 2006 and it was probably one of the beast fests i've ever been at in terms of quality bands.|..|

It's Justice Yeldham, not Yeldman. Well i fucking hope it is anyway:

"Yeldham's live performance consists of grinding his face into a sheet of mic'd up plate glass. It is hideous for a variety of reasons. One is that the transparency of the glass means you get to view his face all squished up against the other side of the glass like a kid on a special bus wiping his nose down the window as you overtake them on the motorway. Another reason is the sound really is quite nasty. The resonant properties of the glass means as he yells onto/into it and then pulls and squeezes at the sheet, the pitch of his voice wildly varies and wavers and this in turn is run through some truly ugly processing that makes it sound like a Dalek in it's death throes."
http://www.dualplover.com/justice.htm

Definately going to head over to this again. Last year was one of the best festivals I've ever been to.

supersonic_web108.jpg

Tempted, very tempted. I have friends I should be able to stay with in and around Brum and all.

I'm going.
Harvey Milk? no fucking way am I missing that. No fucking way.
I'll be at the front, drunk, with a lighter in my hand crying tears of manly joy through their entire set.Which may turn to actual floods if they bust out "The End".

From another forum, I'm guessing this guy is connected to capsule or sumfink.

Right then, I can see you found out before I had a chance to post ;)

This is just the initial line up, many more names to be announced over the next few weeks. Tickets will go on sale in mid March and will be a selection of weekend and day tickets, so that you can pick and choose which days suit you if a whole weekend is to much. Also if you want to know about the acts performing I've put a little bit of info on each band up, so before dismissing unknowns have a read
http://www.capsule.org.uk/Coming_Up/209/95.aspx
Just off the top of my head ones of interest for this forum would be HARVEY MILK, THRONES, EARTH, JUSTICE YELDMAN, OXBOW, NOXAGT, BLACK SUN, ORTHODOX, WOODEN SHJIPS and HARMONIA.
I'll keep you posted...they'll be more I promise

I'm going.
Harvey Milk? no fucking way am I missing that. No fucking way.
I'll be at the front, drunk, with a lighter in my hand crying tears of manly joy through their entire set.Which may turn to actual floods if they bust out "The End".

I don't know how many times i've heard statements about Harvey Milk and grown men crying!! And these come from grown men who normally don't cry a whole lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back