SUPER FURRY ANIMALS (new album details) play LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI 21.07 (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
The Super Furry Animals who are one of the headline acts at the LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI which takes place in Malahide Castle on July 21sthave revealed full details of the band's new album 'Hey Venus!'.

The record, the follow-up to 2005's 'Love Kraft', is released on August 24 by the band's new label Rough Trade. It's preceded by a single, 'Show Your Hand', on August 10.

Explaining the title, SFA frontman Gruff Rhys revealed that the album initially started out as a concept album based around a character called Venus.

He stated: "At lot of the songs have the same central theme - following a young woman called Venus moving from a small town to a big metropolis and following her adventures.

"Some songs link up to that story more than others, but some were left off the record, they'll be on the next one, which we're working on already. It started off as a concept, but then we chose songs for their merit rather than their themes."

The tracklisting for 'Hey Venus!' is as follows:

'The Gateway Song'
'Runaway'
'Show Your Hand'
'The Gift'
'Neo Consumer'
'Into The Night'
'Baby Ate My Eight Ball'
'Carbon Dating'
'Suckers'
'Battersea Odyssey'
'Wolves'

POD CONCERTS presents:
LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI

Saturday July 21st
Malahide Castle, Dublin

Tickets E79.50 from usual outlets on sale 9am Wednesday May 2nd

Strictly Over 18's
Gates 1pm
www.lovebox .ie

Subject to Licence

Groove Armada
Super Furry Animals
The Rapture
Toots & the Maytals
Just Jack
Sasha
Jape

Blackstrobe Live
Evil Nine
Spirit Catcher
Rapture DJ set
Kissy Sellout
515 DJs
Deadbots
Dancepig
Hystereo
Japanese Popstars
Sourcecode

& more to be announced

Joining GROOVE ARMADA, who will be performing tracks from their new album 'Soundboy Rock', are the Welsh wizards, the SUPER FURRY ANIMALS who bring their unique blend of psychedelic rock and electronics to the mirth of masses. From New York come THE RAPTURE, the pop-punk quartet, who are managed by U2 manager Paul McGuinness, and have been trail-blazing since their 2002 dance floor stomper 'House of the Jealous Lovers' and return to Ireland after their sold-out spring show in Tripod.

TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS, the legends of ska and reggae, will add to the chilled out atmosphere of the lush setting, while JUST JACK brings his homespun wisdom on pear-shaped relationships, the price of fame and the ups and downs of living to the party. Recent V2 signing, who counts The Raconteurs among his fans, Richie Egan aka JAPE will be the first of many, to fly to the Irish flag at LOVEBOX DUBLIN in the shape of his quirky and endearing sounds.

Malahide Castle, set on 250 acres of park land in the pretty seaside town of Malahide, was both a fortress and a private home for nearly eight hundred years. The Talbot family lived here from 1185 to 1973, when the last Lord Talbot died.
In the STRANGELOVE BY BURN , the monolith that is SASHA will push the decks to effect and be joined by a host of acts including a live show by BLACK STROBE, the French dance-rock four piece who had none other than eponymous Paul Epworth (Bloc Party & Maximo Park) produce their most recent album, and EVIL NINE, the experimental hip hop and electronica outfit.
SPIRIT CATCHER, the Belgian disco house duo, prove there's more than chocolates and beer to that neck of the woods and KISSY SELLOUT who have been recently found remixing Mark Ronson will be letting us in on what the bubbling fuss is about. As the sun sets (you know it has to) the RAPTURE will wipe themselves down and dip into their record box to deliver a RAPTURE DJ SET.

515 which is Ireland's premiere club night will have their DJs at the castle and a host of acts who have entertained the Friday night regulars in Tripod will be at the LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI to thrill entertain the revellers. DEADBOTS have their finger in a variety of genres its tricky to pigeonhole their sound, pulling influence from 80's synth pop,rock, disco,hip hop and techno. Irish electro producer DANCEPIG will bring vocals, FX, a smattering of synth-pop magic and an indefinable "je ne sais hog" to proceedings.
Add a breathtakingly beautiful location, a wonderfully eclectic line up and food to make the most critical gourmets mouth water and you have the ingredients for the most exciting new festival to hit the Irish event calendar this summer.

The much lauded HYSTEREO will be playing their fresh and vibrant electric house music, the JAPANESE POPSTARS, one of the most exciting electro dance acts around, will be on hand to keep everyone on their feet and dancing and SOURCE CODE who release their debut album 'Contemporary Corruption' later this year will also be in the mix.
It's early days for LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI with many more acts to be announced in the coming weeks but LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI is already brimming with the best sounds around this summer.

Apparently this is the cover of the new Super Furries album:

61n6pR2ZsdL._SS500_.jpg

'Aesthetic Crimes of the 21st Century', anybody?.. It's actually so hideous that it's sort of funny..

I saw their last Lovecraft gig over here.
It was an alright gig.
They did a good version of Cloudberries.

I dont know how they managed to keep those green glowing suits on the whole time though, the Bowery Ballroom was roasting that night.

The last show in the olympia was a snorefest.

oh yeah?
No, I liked that one I saw. I had never seen them before, so I cant really compare though.
He was giving it a bit much with the whole "Tony Blair is a bit of a cunt" bit, and I think basically everyone thought... "I'd take your arm off if you offered us Tony Blair compared to the fucking toss pot in charge of this kip".
Other than that, they knocked out a decent gig.

And they played "The man dont give a fuck" and flashed some piccies of GWB, and got a bit of a cheer.

Yeah, the last album is probably their poorest if you ask me, and they played almost the entire new album and a few oldies chucked in at the end. First time I've ever left a SFA show dissapointed.

Also I saw last night this thing in Malahide Castle is 80 euro! Prices for outdoor events in this country are fucked.

I half-heard a superb song in a pub last night which I'm pretty sure was the Super Furries. The start of it had drums that sounded like the opening drums of I Am the Resurrection.......anyone know the tune I'm talking about?

I half-heard a superb song in a pub last night which I'm pretty sure was the Super Furries. The start of it had drums that sounded like the opening drums of I Am the Resurrection.......anyone know the tune I'm talking about?

most of their stuff is just a straight beat so doesnt really narrow it down unless..... it was

just drums?

I'm on a SFA buzz now. This is the best song I've ever heard by them. Absolutely beautiful.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back