sunshine (1 Viewer)

oh shit

i thought it was pretty good
nice 'darkstar' reference
includes timely theological questions for contemplating over the easter bank holiday.

[not recommended for stupid/lazy people who insist on sitting right behind me so i can hear clearly as they continually ask their partner - at normal talking volume - to explain every plot development... which he then does incorrectly.]

I thought the last act of this was a pile of ass. It was as if they came up with a deadly premise, got stuck, and asked a complete idiot how they would end a movie like this. Drops what was an awesome movie right into the Event Horizon "Haunted House in Space" bullshit movie territory.

And that Tony Scott hand-cranked effect got real old, real fast.

[not recommended for stupid/lazy people who insist on sitting right behind me so i can hear clearly as they continually ask their partner - at normal talking volume - to explain every plot development... which he then does incorrectly.]

yeah sorry about that.

This film could have been a whole lot better

i liked it.
anything i wasnt sure of changed when danny boyle spoke after the film.
i think it steers towards 'the red planet' and event horizon type stuff but doesnt get too hollywood about it. and thats the main thing.
its got the same kind of atmosphere as alien and solaris(the original).

I think a good tv series could be made out of it, there was far too much going on

Drops what was an awesome movie right into the Event Horizon "Haunted House in Space" bullshit movie territory.

yeah i was kinda hoping for something a bit more adventurous.

from the way it began i thought the psyche guy was going to get all religious about the sun and start fucking them up, to keep up the whole icarus/daedalus/helios analogy... in other words i thought he'd go the way pinback did from bathing in the light too much. having the actual pinback show up talking jive sorta sucked.

the amount of 2001 references was to the extent that i wasn't surprised to see the whole space/time/gravity conflagration in the finale. woulda been great if it'd finished with cillian murphy as a giant space-baby.

Why did the ship need a crew?
Seemed like the computer could have handled it and wouldn't have gotten all obsessed by the sun.

Also,
SPOILERS!!!!!!

How did the captain of the first ship get on board Icarus2?
Why did he refer to himself as the captain of the Icarus 1? Surely he would have been the captain of the Icarus?
What was the big attraction of the sun to the captain and the mad doctor on Icarus 2? It's just the sun! Get over it!
Why did the Mace guy volunteer Capa for a dangerous space walk in one scene and later on claim he was the most valuable crew member?

I thought the last act of this was a pile of ass. It was as if they came up with a deadly premise, got stuck, and asked a complete idiot how they would end a movie like this. Drops what was an awesome movie right into the Event Horizon "Haunted House in Space" bullshit movie territory.

And that Tony Scott hand-cranked effect got real old, real fast.

Yeah, what he said.

Started promisingly though.

It was whelming. It looked good but they didn't do enough with it at all. The whole sun worship thing got pretty overlooked. And it wasn't suspensful enough either. Oh well.

I thought it was quite tense and everything up to the point where they dock with the icarus 1 was good.

Why did the captain of the icarus 1 have to be a complete copy of Sam Neal in event horision?

Why did he have to be some kind of superman - garden variety nutjob would have been better?

The whole laws of physics fallng apart at the end was crap

Tinfoil is not a substitute for a spacesuit. Apart form your eardrums bursting and your eyeballs being sucked out of your sockets it's not possible to hold your breath with no air in your lungs you would be unconcious before you got out the door

Why show earth at the end? One of the things I admired was thet there was none of the Armageddon/Core typr preamble they just cut straight to the mission - why then bother to return to earth at the end?

i haven't seen this fillum, and i probably won't, but i just have to say: it's shit.

And lets face having to look at Killian Murphy's big weepy head for over an hour as well..........

I heard the producers had no choice but to get Cillian Murphy, because only an Irish man could pull off that look of total glorious incomprehension at seeing the sun at the end.

I saw that exact same expression on the face of many a spud-eater last week

ho ho.
it was like the serious core meets event horizon, that was my exact comment upon leaving the kino. Must dig out my core dvd again, it's been a while.

the core is worth watching if only for the fact that the SHIP TO THE CORE is made from something called 'unobtanium'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back