sunshine (2 Viewers)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
park.jpg

Hillary in a jumpsuit - nothing wrong with that at least

the core rules ! (almost as much as Vertical Limit, but thats a whole different story/genre)

sunshine looked great, the sound in liffey valley blew my mind (it was pretty cool) during the tense moments..some good audio right there...it kept me amused for an hour and a half. but there were loads of flaws, holes etc.

i though the captain of the icarus character was crap

and i didnt really care for any of the characters on the ship...there was very little to them as characters in a story...but maybe that was the point ? ie. the mission is more than important than any one person

and i didnt really care for any of the characters on the ship...there was very little to them as characters in a story...

I watched Alien last night and the same kind of applies there too. You don't really get to know much about them, other than some of them get on better than others.

Flawed it was and full of holes but i'm still thinking about this movie.

I'd say that guy Pinbacker must have been dehydrated but.

I watched Alien last night and the same kind of applies there too. You don't really get to know much about them, other than some of them get on better than others.

Flawed it was and full of holes but i'm still thinking about this movie.

I'd say that guy Pinbacker must have been dehydrated but.

the bit where the Alien turns up as they're loading the oxygen onto the ship really freaks me out

i saw Sunshine too over the weekend too..liked it a lot, but something about the desolation of the ship made it quite depressing

i went home, watched lethal weapon and laughed my fucking block off!

the bit where the Alien turns up as they're loading the oxygen onto the ship really freaks me out

i saw Sunshine too over the weekend too..liked it a lot, but something about the desolation of the ship made it quite depressing

i went home, watched lethal weapon and laughed my fucking block off!

When it's Ebony & Ivory loading up those tubes under that spotlight? Yeah it's horrible. Especially with the sound being played all over the ship.

SPOILER

Odd thing about all three movies that Alex Garland has worked with Danny Boyle on, they all have carnage and mayhem in dodgy 3rd acts, but always end with lovely happy endings.

Hmmm, gay.

Saw Sunshine last night, liked it a lot. I found it incredibly tense in some parts, particularly the first space walk. Also dubious about the last act and whether it was the best direction to take the film (i.e. it probably wasn't) but they carried it off with conviction at the very least.

*SPOILERS CONTINUED*

How did the captain of the first ship get on board Icarus2?
Was he not the one that blew the airlock?
Why did he refer to himself as the captain of the Icarus 1? Surely he would have been the captain of the Icarus?
Don't recall him referring to himself as cap'n of the Icarus 1 but whatevers.

What was the big attraction of the sun to the captain and the mad doctor on Icarus 2? It's just the sun! Get over it!
The sun was cool.

Why did the Mace guy volunteer Capa for a dangerous space walk in one scene and later on claim he was the most valuable crew member?
Yeah, didn't get that reltionship either. Why would he volunteer Capa like that?

Genereally in agreeance re: 3rd act tomfoolery. I think it seemd too short in parts, like it had been ediited too much or somethin'. Better than yr average though.

Yeah, didn't get that reltionship either. Why would he volunteer Capa like that?

He volunteered kapa because kapa was the person who decided they should change course and go to the icarus 1 and mace clearly did not agreed with this. Mace makes his feeling very clear when he tells kapa the blood of the dead crew is now on his hands

He volunteered kapa because kapa was the person who decided they should change course and go to the icarus 1 and mace clearly did not agreed with this. Mace makes his feeling very clear when he tells kapa the blood of the dead crew is now on his hands

Yes, but he was so adamant about the mission being the important thing and that everything outside of that was secondary, why would he risk the most important crew member on a very dangerous task that anyone could perform?

What was the big attraction of the sun to the captain and the mad doctor on Icarus 2? It's just the sun! Get over it!

no! this was the best idea in the film and they totally copped out on it. the sun was the key character. by almost any religion, God is that which gives life. the sun was our first god, long before the christ myth or the greeks or the vishnu or whatever, and insofar as it gives life it always will be. icarus was warned by daedalus to walk the middle path - fly from the labrynth, but not too close to helios - and he forgot himself, his limitations, and he died for his arrogance. the audacity of their mission in sunshine - to recreate god - is arrogance on a similar scale. if only they'd pushed this angle.

when yer man's skin was starting to get all flaky and blistered i thought he was gonna start sabotaging them and turning them against each other for similar reasons. alas!

did anyone notice the image of icarus on the inner shield after the bomb seperated?

i think you're both right. he was supposed to play that role, but by having him be instantly violent and turning it into an alien-esque hunt through the ship, i think they undermined the meaning behind his words. he had a one minute chat with cillian murphy and that was it.

we got to see his log entry. had a member of icarus 2 gone the same way, i think it'd have been more powerful, because then it definitely wasn't just one guy gone mad.
plus it totally stretched disbelief to have this guy so badly sunburned and alone for seven years and then imbued with superhuman strength and resilience. melanoma anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back