summer heights high (1 Viewer)

Rachel666

anyone else a fan of this show?

it's an aussie mockumentry and it's absolutely hilarious. It's set in a high school and the 3 main characters are played by the one guy. They include a camp drama teacher, a private school girl and a bold pacific islander boy. there was a few cultural things my oz bro had to explain to me along the way, like how pacific islander kids are disaffected and what the show "thank god you're here" was.

but, CRIPES, Summer heights high is great!
i think it's starting on bb3 soon if ya have digital, but if not... it's all on youtube.

"Thank God You're Here.. Where're you been bitch?!"

I saw nearly every episode of this the other night on Beeb 3. It was fucking excellent. Ridiculous, hilarious, heartbreaking. It is so well written and acted. I hadn't heard of it before, just switched on and 'twas on. The attention to detail in it was class too. The drama teacher at one stage wears a "Tsunamarama" t-shirt from a previous school show. Your man can act so feckin' well.

I recorded all 8 eps of series 1 from the BBC3 marathon the other night. It's worth a watch.

Not as much heart / cringe factor as the Office for this kind of thing, and certainly a bit more over the top when it comes to the campy drama teacher's plotline. I wonder if there'll be a series 2. Probably not.

Chris Lilley is talented. I'd be interested to see what he does next.

yes! this is fucking brilliant. the popular girl character is deadly. yer man's a deadly comic actor.

Wasn't aware of this. We can be heroes was pretty great though. Cheers!

yes! this is fucking brilliant. the popular girl character is deadly. yer man's a deadly comic actor.

Just watched the above. Popular girl character seems to be the same one from we can be heroes!

summer heights high marathon here i come.

I have a lot of time for Thank God you're here too.

They drop an actor/comedian into an unknown set to improvise the situation.

Hamish Blake is particularly amusing at it, I think.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-db7ephEpGg"]YouTube - Hamish Blake On Thank God You're here[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRsE1OEtcuM"]YouTube - Thank God You're Here - Series 2 Episode 5: Hamish Blake[/ame]

the "she's a naughty girl with a bad habit" was remixed, the dance version becoming number one in the oz charts. E E E E ECSTASY!

The only quibble I would have with SSH is that you didn't really care what happened to any of the carachters, maybe because the situations they were in were quite farcical. The only time I felt anything for any of the 3 main carachters was when (spoiler spoiler spoiler) Jonah was told he was being sent back to Tonga, and after he was resigned to going back, they showed that he had learned his lesson and bugun to change his ways.

Good series though. Does anyone know if Lilley is actually camp as hell in real life so that Jonah is the stretch rather than Jam'ie of Mr G.?

here's a DVD deleted scene.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw_xDieIeoU&feature=related"]YouTube - Mr G and Toby Breakdance DVD Outtake[/ame]
Is it evil to laugh at this?
In stiches i was.
(probably not funny if you haven't seen the show)

yea, love it, love it.......mate of mine put me on to it a while ago.........the Jonah character is pure gold..........flew through episodes of it on youtube a while back

....that 'thank god you're here' sounds interesting, must check it out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back