Summer festival news (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Just a bit of news on festivals in the summer, may seem a long way away but i am suffering withdrawals from the african sun big time, so i need warming up for one.

firstly the fallout fest is very much at the planning stage but from talking to andy from kilkenny we are going to do it again. most probably a bit earlier this year if, as we presume, there is no warzone fest on, so probably end of august, same venue but over two days. watch this space for further developments.

more immediate is the first GGI fest. This is basically a festival celebrating the punk rock links between Groningen in holland, glasgow in scotland and Ireland, hence the ggi.

each year it will alternate venues so this year it will be in wexford, next year in groningen and 2006 will see us all in glasgow.

this years event will be either on Sat may 29th and sun may 30th ( bank hol weekend in north, scotland and holland) or june 5 and 6 ( bank holiday here).
i will have a definite date by the weekend.

the festival is being held on someones land, there will be camping, a marquee for bands, cheap vegan food tent, space for meetings /workshops, bonfires, 5 a side footie, tug o war, portaloos etc.

in order to make the event inclusive and affordable the land option is better than a pub and it also means it can be all ages and child friendly, however
the presence of children and neighbours etc means we will have to act a bit responsibly etc, you know yourselves.

actual venue details, maps, bus details etc will be relased in the week of the event or ask around, but please dont post it here until we do, this is to prevent local media, guards etc getting prematurely interested. but it is accesible and it is in wexford.

confirmed as travelling are:
From Groningen
Fleas and Lice
PCP
Makiladoras

From Glasgow
Scunnered
Los Destructos

I have a list of irish bands i am going to ask as soon as i have a defo date so please dont badger me about playing , i will be in touch. obviously only a limited number of bands can play etc..... so forgive me if i dont ask your band / your mates band.

the event will have a structured entrance fee, free for people travelling from outside the island of ireland, 10 euro for weekend for students / unemployed etc, 15 euro for weekend for people in paid work.

the event will be run on a non profit, diy basis.

As we are bringing over 5 bands, trying to let peopel from abroad in free to help peopel come to our evxpensive country, hiring marquees, pa etc it will be expensive to run so offers of benefits much appreaciated.

full accounts for the event will be posted here when its over.

there will also be lots of help needed, lots of work in preparing the site, organising and runnignthe food tent, puting together a website, doing the door which should be fun in a field, driivng bands down / putting them up on the day before and after fest in dublin for airport, holding workshops etc so we will be looking for help, in return we get to go to holland and glasgow and they do the work, we also get to have a festival ourselves- what we put in we will get back.

i hope to sort out a meeting in the first week in march in dublin to see who will help , what needs doing etc. Fliers hopefully before people go to bradford.

Fuckin right. Early in June is a great idea, before everyone fucks off for the summer. Let me know if you think there's any help I can give you.

if you wanna do it in july we (kilcoole collective) can supply sum gear.
we just got a new p.a. (1000 wts), mixing desk and stage lights and stuff.
i think most of us are out of the country in june / aug. with the gear touring around being rock stars
get in touch if ur interested :)

hi nooly and john, just replyed to you both, delay due to being in dublin at gig and visiting my granny in hospital.

treelo said:
no way boss, don't worry, i'll never be local.

Where we find ourselves isn't always where we are from,
Where we are probably isn't the worst place to be,
Only if you're going nowhere are you local.

Rhona are you going anywhere?

my granny died on monday, funeral in glasnevin tommorow so thus lack of updates, will post more info re date, bands confirmed and working party/ meeting dates in a couple of days.

its all systems go though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back