Suits, formalwear, yaddayadda... (3 Viewers)

bella here it is.

fifties style skirt with a bit of a kick to it, fitted blouse, sleeves turned up, fitted jacket.

teamed with a pair of peep toes. formal yet fun.

or you could just ignore this and buy a suit.

i loved diane keaton in annie hall.

...arcane (and strictly white-tie) ceremonies.

Are they strictly white-tie... because then you have two options - wear full mens White Tie regalia:
  • Black tailcoat with silk (ribbed or satin) facings, sharply cut-away at the front
  • Black trousers with a single stripe of satin or braid in the US or two stripes in Europe
  • White stiff-fronted shirt
  • White stiff wing collar (attached to the shirt with collar studs)
  • White bow tie
  • White low-cut waistcoat
  • Black silk stockings
  • Black patent leather pumps or shoes
"White tie" requires a Ball Gown from ladies, an evening gown will do at a pinch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_wear

Are they strictly white-tie... because then you have two options - wear full mens White Tie regalia:
  • Black tailcoat with silk (ribbed or satin) facings, sharply cut-away at the front
  • Black trousers with a single stripe of satin or braid in the US or two stripes in Europe
  • White stiff-fronted shirt
  • White stiff wing collar (attached to the shirt with collar studs)
  • White bow tie
  • White low-cut waistcoat
  • Black silk stockings
  • Black patent leather pumps or shoes
"White tie" requires a Ball Gown from ladies, an evening gown will do at a pinch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_wear

Uhhhh.....

I guess it's not strictly white-tie (or at least not for women). Intriguing though the waistcoat-and-tails idea undoubtedly is, I think I'll stick to the pencil and/or 50s skirt plan.

For now...

What colour? I always wanted a nicelinnen suit - I'm very jealous now
Haha you must be the first person ever to be jealous of my (normally very shabby) clothes
I guess it's beige - y'know that standard linen suit colour. Wore it to a wedding with a super-white kinda fitted shirt with no tie, and felt like a million dollars. Got some food on the shirt (as fucking usual :mad:) and four wash-and-stain-devil iterations later it's still visible :(

Haha this is mad, I'm discussing clothes on the internet.
My most recent other purchase was a pants during the summer. The button fell off almost immediately, but that's ok if I wear my belt. Oh also I bought a new underpants that makes my arse itchy, was a bit of a disappointment (as new underpantses always are)

I get a 5 alarm fire about lunchtime.

arret_capsules_2.jpg

Lay off the chili con carne

M&S are expanding their fairtrade cotton range to include mens formal shirts.

and more organic babywear.

you heard it here first

Zee's tips for looking good in a suit (for men and women alike):

1. Don't try to do it on the cheap. Cheap suits look terrible and can be spotted a mile off! Fabric mixes which are heavy on synthetic fibres should be avoided unless you want a shiny suit.
2. You don't want a shiny suit.
3. Getting your suit altered by a professional to fit you just right isn't expensive and can make a big difference.
4. Three-piece suits are so sexy it's ridiculous. It also means you can look smart without necessarily having to wear a tie. If that's a bit too poncy though, a tank top will work like a charm.
5. Tank tops are 'in' at the moment and when worn with t-shirt/shirt, a good suit and trainers it looks very laid-back and stylish.

Suit Watch: 'Madolyn' in the movie The Departed wears a fabulous three-piece grey suit to die for.

Zee's tips for looking good in a suit (for men and women alike):

1. Don't try to do it on the cheap. Cheap suits look terrible and can be spotted a mile off! Fabric mixes which are heavy on synthetic fibres should be avoided unless you want a shiny suit.
2. You don't want a shiny suit.
3. Getting your suit altered by a professional to fit you just right isn't expensive and can make a big difference.
4. Three-piece suits are so sexy it's ridiculous. It also means you can look smart without necessarily having to wear a tie. If that's a bit too poncy though, a tank top will work like a charm.
5. Tank tops are 'in' at the moment and when worn with t-shirt/shirt, a good suit and trainers it looks very laid-back and stylish.

Suit Watch: 'Madolyn' in the movie The Departed wears a fabulous three-piece grey suit to die for.

6. don't tumble dry them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back