Sufjan Stevens - The BQE (1 Viewer)

this guy will need a large dose of attitude before I'll be able to listen to more than 1 song by him at a time.

can someone let him know this?

I still haven't managed to get into any of the others as much as I got into Illinois. It is one of the (musically) biggest contemporary albums I've ever heard. he was on a total role with that one. No wonder he thought that he was going to write one for each state.

But if he was Irish, do you think he would have intended to write an album for either the 26 counties of the Republic, or the full 32 of the island?

Looking forward to getting my hands on this new album all the same!

The Avalanche is an amazing album. It's hard to believe they were the songs he threw out while making Illinois. He could have easily re wrote the lyrics on it to be about some other state and got away with passing it off as the next one.

The Avalanche is an amazing album. It's hard to believe they were the songs he threw out while making Illinois. He could have easily re wrote the lyrics on it to be about some other state and got away with passing it off as the next one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

probably my favourite sufferin stevens song

Out of deference to all of you I revisited Illinois today and I still stand behind what I said, aside from John Wayne Gacey Jr, Cashmir Pulaski Day and Decateur which are all brilliant songs I still think it's weaker than his previous two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back