Sufjan Stevens - Spare tickets (1 Viewer)

Justin Toner

Yup, you heard me. I have two spare tickets for tonight's show, due to an illness.

I'd rather give them to two fans than one fan and her bloke, so the first two people to respond to this thread get lucky. You'll need to be at DHG at 7.45 to meet me, with exact money.

I am now going downstairs for a fag. I'll check back in 10 minutes.

J.

One to Pantone.

I'm waiting on a reply from Old. If I get it, the other is his/hers. If not, it's Zita's.

Check back later for final result.

J.

Old has just confirmed he will be off work in time for the gig.

Zita - sorry it didn't work out for you. Though if you know where Pantone takes lunch, you could slip a Mickey Finn in his soup...

J.

Justin Toner said:
Old has just confirmed he will be off work in time for the gig.

Zita - sorry it didn't work out for you. Though if you know where Pantone takes lunch, you could slip a Mickey Finn in his soup...

J.
No worries man.

I know my buddy Colm would have been mildly miffed if I went without him, and I think my boyfriend who's in foreign at the moment would grumble if I got to go at all, but especially if I went as Pantone's date!

ZITA!!!! Re: Sufjan Stevens - Spare tickets

Zita said:
No worries man.

I know my buddy Colm would have been mildly miffed if I went without him, and I think my boyfriend who's in foreign at the moment would grumble if I got to go at all, but especially if I went as Pantone's date!

Zita - If you still want it, it's yours. One of the victors got himself on the guest list and is happy to pass his ticket to you. Check your private messages to get my e-mail address.

With apologies to Colm.

J.

Re: ZITA!!!! Re: Sufjan Stevens - Spare tickets

Justin Toner said:
Zita - If you still want it, it's yours. One of the victors got himself on the guest list and is happy to pass his ticket to you. Check your private messages to get my e-mail address.

With apologies to Colm.

J.

uh, mailed you again... zita didn't want it so I have sorted it out meself

so I'll meet you as arranged...

mad sorry for the complications there dude... very embaressed...

You lucky, lucky things. I tried to get a ticket ages ago and the silly person in the Douglas Hyde place had no idea what I was on about. So then when I returned to Trinity to try again they were all gone!!:(

Anyhoo, tell all. How long did he play for? What was the venue like etc? Does anyone know if he'll play Ireland again soon?

I was a lucky camper last night. I booked my two tickets WAY back, when the gig was first announced, and arranged to collect them at the DHG. I got there last night, gave my name, no tickets. SHOCK!

So there was some quick conversations had by the people at DHG and a lady came out and said she'd give me the benefit of the doubt.

Very kind of them. I was somewhat concerned!

The venue was perfect for this. Saw him three weeks ago in a smokey and noisy venue in Barcelona, with a punk band playing next door, when the door opened the noise just streamed in and drowned him out - but this was sweet, candles lighting the room; artwork on the walls; and the place so so quiet - he seemed quite impressed and very thankful. Top gig.

Pantone247 said:
not as bad as you'd expect given it's basically a big concrete box

they kept the levels pretty low, and there was the odd boom in the lower mid... but nothing that distraced from the deadliness of the show.

yis lucky fuckers. i saw him in NYC duringthe summer but it wasn't amazing to be honest- it was outdoors at a small festival thingy and he played a lot of non-michigan material and his drummer couldn't make it. when i tried to see him in a normal gig setting later on in the mercury lounge, it was sold out... and then i cam home to find this out! damn it! say it was rapi' loike. what did he play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back