Suburban Mayhem - new label (1 Viewer)

cesspooldublin

I guess now is as good a time as any to get this out in the open.

After floundering around with the occasional Cesspool/Knifethrower release over the last three years or so, myself and Una have decided to try and have a proper go at doing a decent label (ie: with Murphy on board, I'm not going to be allowed to get lazy), dedicated to -but not limited to - the heavier end of the hardcore spectrum, and with a particular focus on Irish stuff. Consequently, we've started a new label called SUBURBAN MAYHEM and we have a couple of really exciting things lined up for the coming months. The release schedule is as follows:

1) MOB RULES/CROWD CONTROL 7" - yis all know about this one, being pressed as we speak and fingers crossed all the pieces will be back and available locally and from distros in the first half of December.

the next two we're still sorting out details of so apologies if talking about them pisses anyone off

2) EASPA MEASA/DIVISIONS RUIN split LP - this is a multiple label release, and is due in Spring I believe. We're absolutely over the fucking moon to be involved with this one, and it's gonna be something really special. I've heard a few snippets and it's the best material by both bands yet.

3) BURNING THE PROSPECT/BACCHUS 7" - to coincide with the BTP/Bacchus Irish dates next May we'll be releasing a limited split between the two, which BTP are apparently about to start writing some new tracks for already. This is very much in the planning stages, but it's already guaranteed to be a killer.

There's another one or two things to be announced for the second half of next year too, but understandably we're pacing ourselves so as not to take on too much at once. All in good time.
Still sorting out what we're doing in terms of distro, so bear with us. You can contact us through

[email protected] or www.myspace.com/suburbanmayhemindustries

thanx

Una & Jamie

fuck yeah! another label. irish punk scene getting stronger and stronger!!

Fair play to yas. Hopefully have a wee label on the go soon myself.

quick Update:
BACCHUS/BURNING THE PROSPECT 7" and MOB RULES/CROWD CONTROL 7" are both off to press this afternoon, and will be available in May. If all goes to plan the official launch/release date will be May 17th (though we'll have the records back and the bands will have their copies beforehand.

As mentioned elsewhere, the HUNGRY LUNGS demo cdr will be out in the next few weeks. Just waiting on art. IF you haven't heard them yet - www.myspace.com/hungrypunx

the EASPA MEASA/DIVISIONS RUIN split lp is still on board for summer. More on that nearer the time.It's a split release with Distroy!(sligo), Stonehenge(France) and a couple of other labels.

There's also going to be a DRAINLAND/CRADLE IS CASKET 7" in August.Hoping to have it ready to tie in with Low End fest in Waterford. This will be a split release with Headwrecker Distribution(London)

Okay so we're in the process of setting up a distro, which will be ready to go when the first two 7" are out in May (both are in production right now), just putting it together but we'll be stocking releases on Zandor (Mob Rules, Cold Ones),Halo Of Flies (Masakari, Protestant, Get Rad),Home Invasion (Slices),Rimbaud and more..full list soon,and some sort of blog/site when that's ready.

Also, We've decided we'll be focussing on the idea of doing a series of splits between Irish bands and Foreign bands for the forseeable future,as a means to alerting the rest of the world to the fact there are some fucking great bands here, and introducing a bunch of foreign bands to folks here who might not already be aware of them. Keep your eyes peeled for more details.

Badges and stickers soon too for people that like free stuff.

Also, We've decided we'll be focussing on the idea of doing a series of splits between Irish bands and Foreign bands for the forseeable future,as a means to alerting the rest of the world to the fact there are some fucking great bands here, and introducing a bunch of foreign bands to folks here who might not already be aware of them. Keep your eyes peeled for more details.

great to see ye doing this, loads of good irish bands out there

quick updates:
the BACCHUS/BURNING THE PROSPECT split has been delayed a little due to problems with the labels, which have all had to be reprinted. Frustratingly, this means it won't be here for the gigs this weekend.

MOB RULES/CROWD CONTROL is in the final stages. Definitely.

Should have some HUNGRY LUNGS cdrs ready for the Famine/BTP gigs this weekend, check out a track from it here. Hopefully we'll be confirming a "proper" release with them in the very near future, just finalising plans. This band absolutely rule my world right now.Get into it.

DRAINLAND/CRADLE IS CASKET split 7" is looking like September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back