Suburban Mayhem - new label (2 Viewers)

couple of recent distro additions and a general update below:
DRAINLAND/GRINDING HALT split 10" - Newest SubHem release. GH offer up three new songs of intense as fuck face melting destructocore that's a reminder why they're one of the best bands in Europe. Drainland's vinyl debut is two tunes recorded a while back, and show them at their fastest and most budgeoning.

BLACK KITES/SWALLOWED UP split lp €10
Excellent split between US bands Black Kites and Swallowed Up. BK are ex In First Person, who to my mind were one of the most underrated bands of the last few years, and bust out some excellent stuff that picks that takes up that band's lineage of the likes of Coalesce, Deadguy, Groundwork and maybe early Botch, heavies it up a little and shoves it through massive amplification. Swallowed Up play a more straightforward and raging style of fast, heavy and desparation filled HC, and this is their final recording apparently. Hand screened sleeves and lovely brown vinyl. Pretty much my personal pick of the new arrivals right now, can't stop playing it .A lot of time and care went into putting this together and I'm proud to be distroing it here.
MOSS "Eternal Return" 12" €10
Sewer dwelling doom epic on a one sided 12". Absolutely bonkers packaging (hence the price) - hand screened gatefold sleeve, poster, insert, snake-shaped seal, and obi strip. This was very limited and is sold out in a lot of places already - we have very few so act fast if you want one.
RESURRECTIONISTS s/t LP €8
Absolute stormer of a record here. Equal parts classic Acme/Carol style German rage, Witching Hour screamo and brutal grindcore

BRODY'S MILITIA/ BLACK MARKET FETUS 7" €4
Rampaging thrash of the kind that you will dig if you own any records on either Sound Pollution or Six Weeks. Awesome Napalm Death pastiche artwork too.
GET DESTROYED - "Burnt OFferings"7"€4
Second 7" by this now defunct powerviolence mob, which is a shame as they were absolutely head and shoulders above some of the rubbish currently oversaturating genre. Little blasts of sonic dynamite that explode in your face.
NO MAN'S SLAVE/I RESIGN €4
NMS are fucking great - burly, angry, but slightly tweaked fastcore.I RESIGN are just as frantic.
UNHAIM €4
Raging, feral hardcore from Switzerland that reminds me somewhat of a more short-tempered and less epic Dagda. Cool glow in the dark cover too!.
on the way:
DEAD IN THE WOODS/DIET PILLS split LP
BATTLE OF WOLF 359/ RESURRECTIONISTS split 10"

The next SubHem releases over the coming months will be the DRAINLAND 12" (Which is being pressed at the moment,) SEA OF SHIT demo 7"(which has been put back a little til the end of summer) andTHE BLIND/HEARTLESS split 7" (which is planned for August but we'll see), after which I'm going to be taking a fairly lengthy break from the label probably, to allow my funds and stress levels to recover.

The plan is to clear out the current and upcoming stock and then shut the distro down and in future concentrate on only distroing certain labels here, if any. I've been finding it increasingly difficult to get distribution help outside of Ireland recently and it's basically crippling the progress of the label, so I need a break to figure out where to go from here. or if it's even viable to continue.I'm hoping I'll figure something out in time, but I'm definitely keen to get away from 7"s, as while I love the format they're costing too much to do. Similarly, I won't be doing any split releases with other labels anymore. I'm going to be selling off older distro stock cheap in the next week or so - I'll post a list here soon.

If and when Hungry Lungs finally finish recording, that will be out on SM too,and there is one more release I have in mind which I'll anounce soon if it works out, but unfortunately I don't have the means to take on any other releases for the forseeable future right now. Which is a bollix, as there are a bunch of bands I want to do stuff with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back