Suburban Kids with Biblical Names & Groom/Michael Knight/Pantone247 - 2pm (1 Viewer)

yesboyicecream

Orange Alabaster Mushroom
Website
www.yesboyicecream.com
Suburban Kids with Biblical Names
Groom/Michael Knight/Pantone247
Kennedy's 29th July 2 pm.
(Running order: Michael Knight/SKWBN/Pantone247/Groom)
€10

SUBURBAN KIDS WITH BIBLICAL NAMES
Suburban Kids with Biblical Names are Peter Gunnarsson and Johan Hedberg from Haninge in Sweden. They write upbeat pop music better than anyone else [citation needed]. A lot of their lyrics are about alienation but no one seems to notice. They have been compared to Jonathan Richman, Pavement, Magnetic Fields and Beck.

The allmusic guide review of their home-recorded album #3 is quite accurate:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:hpftxqrdldte

Their music is now distributed by RMG in Ireland and by Cargo in the UK, which means that you can walk into a lot of record shops and just buy #3, if you want to. It has recently been released in the UK & Ireland on Dublin's yesboyicecream records. They hope that people who downloaded the album from the internet and enjoyed it will now go and buy a legitimate copy - especially because the front cover is so nice to look at.

They played in Whelan's in May and a lot of people seemed to enjoy that too.

They got 8/10 for #3 in NME last month and 4/5 in Uncut. That's 12 out of a possible total of 15 - they've since committed to trying harder for the next album. Beth Ditto was naked on the cover of that issue of NME, so some people might have missed the review. Amelia's Magazine, The Guardian and Plan B are other publications to have expressed a fondness for the band.

Listen to one of their songs here: Parakit (mp3):
http://www.yesboyicecream.com/ybimusic/parakit_suburban_kids_with_biblical_names.mp3
Observe their ode to home-recording here: Loop Duplicate My Heart (YouTube)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

MICHAEL KNIGHT
As he is based in Berlin, I thought asking Michael Knight to play this gig would be the most inconvenience I could cause him.
www.myspace.com/michaelknightie

GROOM
I don't know anything about Groom but Mike what posts here told me they were really good at music. Mike later mailed me to say that "a rock is NOT out of the question" at this gig and that Groom are "better than the last time you saw them".
www.myspace.com/groomtheband

PANTONE247
I also got a mail from a guy called Fiachra telling me to book Pantone247 "before they blow up". It may even happen at this gig. Currently signed to PolyMegador, they plan to release their third album once the first two have been completed.
www.myspace.com/pantone247

MORE INFO TO FOLLOW....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back