stupid stickers....playing into their hands (1 Viewer)

subbuteo !

Website
Visit site
some body put up stickers at the disfear gig the other day an then i saw more on my way to work today...they have the slogan we are everywhere on them with an anrachy sign an a picture of either a masked up person with a gun or a group of masked up people with sticks....in the main stream media every time protesters or anarchists have been mentioned recently has been in connection to voilence not the issues the protests are about.it is a way to discredit the protesters and also it scares normal people who come away because of the fear of voilence....so for people to go around sticking up stickers which show anarchist /protesters in the same light is a stupid thing to do in my opinion.i know alot of people have been putting alot of time in to trying to get the message to normal people what the protests are actually about .i think its a shame that some people seem to want to be seen in the same light as the goverment media etc would like us to be seen.you might find guns and masks romantic but the average man woman on the street wont.

ever since the dawn of time Punk has attracted plenty of complete fucking idiots who completely miss the point and are more concerned with trying to annoy their parents than paying attention to what the whole thing is really about. Theyre probably the same people who go into moshpits just to kick the shit out of people.

I was given some stickers but didn't really look to see what they were of.

Surely when people found out that pigs were pretending to be anarchists and smashing up windows they would have figured out that those kind of actions make people like Mary Harney and Michael McDowell wet with excitement. McDowell has been seen shooting precum and the smell of Harney's rose blooming has been reported at the mere mention of trouble this weekend. Let's work together and make sure they have NO RELEASE.

It has to be said that winning over public opinion is more important than impressing your friends.

Masking up and smashing stuff is soooooooooooooooooooooo 1999 (circa June 18th). Peaceful protests are the new black bloc and they piss off the media when they see the government has wasted money and resources for protecting the city.

and also it scares normal people who come away because of the fear of voilence

What's the effect on abnormal people?

McDowell has been seen shooting precum and the smell of Harney's rose blooming has been reported at the mere mention of trouble this weekend.

Well with that image in my head that's my sleep fucked for tonight....

ElderLemon said:
What's the effect on abnormal people?
is this supposed to be funny?

by 'normal' he presumably means people who do not take an oppositional or negotiated reading of how the mainstream media has presented the protesters- in other words those who already believe the line about how dublin will be burnt down by evil anarchists this weekend.

the effect on 'abnormal' people is irrelevant.

is this supposed to be funny?

by 'normal' he presumably means people who do not take an oppositional or negotiated reading of how the mainstream media has presented the protesters- in other words those who already believe the line about how dublin will be burnt down by evil anarchists this weekend.

the effect on 'abnormal' people is irrelevant.

Jesus...Only a fuckin' joke. Calm down!

yeah i heard that on the radjo.

i totally agree with the original post....i dont even understand the mentality behind making a sticker like that. its intimidating and rediculous.
to be honest i myself have been turned off anarchism by slogans and mentalities such as that sticker. What do people try to achieve by it?
i honestly dont understand. although i share a lot of views common to anarchism its things like that that make me cringe and the mention of the word.

so please if anybody is planning some direct action or anything that involves violence or intimidation please dont. your point probably wont be made and youl get ur head bashed my angry gards and the whole thing will be in vein.

you only have to watch the RTE news to see that May Day is being hyped up to fever pitch, Bertie and co. are aching for some violence so they can sit back smug in the knowledge that they were right and the general public are idiots.

on the Late Late the other night there was this group who organise peaceful protests on, and they were giving out about people who start violence at these things and Pat Kenny was just like "yes, but isnt that good because it draws attention to your cause," and the lads were like "eh no...."

Pat then went on to say that he thought that was the whole point behind it, inciting violence to attract attention to the cause. I have a feeling that there are plenty of people who actually are this clueless.

ElderLemon said:
Jesus...Only a fuckin' joke. Calm down!
eeep. and there's me ranting about propagating stereotypes...

images
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:gsOhZkbLGmgJ:www.msdivine.net/theyoungones/rickpeas.jpg

Wasn't that Pat Kenny interview with Richard Boyd Barrett? He can suck my balls, the SWP wanker. Sad as it is, I'd rather be seen with the SWP than 'punks' intent on saving Europe through reliving Conflict record covers and taking out the frustrations they have with their parents on riot shields. Violence is for kids, and we're all grown up now!

havent a fuckin clue who he was, wasnt really paying attention until that point. anyway my point is, berties out for blood.

mc moley said:
to be honest i myself have been turned off anarchism by slogans and mentalities such as that sticker.
i'm more discouraged by listening to hardline politico wankers spout shite about fuck knows what watershed anarchist achievement and refusing to acknowledge the concepts of humour or perspective.

byrneos said:
i forgot in and anarchist socitey there will be no work do
food will grow it self ,cancer cure itself, dishes was them selves.
here here. what i cant understand is that most people who support this anarachist revolution live in cities and scorn country folke...yet anarchism states that there will be no work and life will be one big blissful peacetime where everyone grows their own food and we all live happily...do most of these people even know the difference between a spade and a shovel? or what their used for? i mean, obviously aside from smashin shit up in a protest they dont know anything about

Sprinkles said:
yet anarchism states that there will be no work and life will be one big blissful peacetime where everyone grows their own food and we all live happily

Fuckin hell that would be some Anarchism that. Who told you it would be like that? I want to meet them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back