stupid stickers....playing into their hands (1 Viewer)

Cormcolash said:
Fuckin hell that would be some Anarchism that. Who told you it would be like that? I want to meet them!

Not me. If that's what anarchism really means, I want out. Out right now.

Da,na,na,na, FIGHTING!!! Den,de-diddle-eh...da,na,na,na,na,FIGHTING!!! DEH-ETC...

not sure what that means...
who was that girl who was speaking on the late late, i thought she spoke really well about it all.

is anybody not going on the weekend....not sure if i can make it to many of the things, got exams starting next week and just started studying yesterday. im fucked.

Shorty said:
http://www.indymedia.ie/newswire.php?story_id=64484

Here, you all know who it is, so if you have a problem say it to them in person.

Hey, how does this explain the whole crust and urbanisation link? :D !bing :) :p !ironyyy :confused:

the stickers i was talking about were not any of the ones in the pictures in the link.and i don't know who it is .and id love to say it in person also. but this is a forum to talk about shit like this is it not???

mc moley said:
to be honest i myself have been turned off anarchism by slogans and mentalities such as that sticker.
you've been turned off anarchism by slogans and mentalities such as that? have you not been turned off punk by similar things? it seems a bit silly to abandon a political ideal because of other people!

i dont like the way 'anarchism' is used to group peoples way of thinking. i agree with many ways of thinking common to those who would call themself an anarchist but refuse to submit myself to a group or sect who will tell me what to think or have my own mind catagorised into a little subtitle.
i just think its very limiting to call your self something like that.

an example would be something like ''its ok for anarchists to vote in referendums but not elections'' (which has been said here before)
i like to make my own choices basically, and not have them layed out in a manifesto or way of thinking for me to abide by and follow in the event that i dont agree with such a plan.

i also fucking hate violence and question the morals and beliefs of those who use it, therefore am turned away by anarchism. not cuz i dont 'get it' as has been suggested to me in the past. but because it carries with it images such as the one on the sticker. i also am aware that it doesnt have to be represented by that and usually prefer it when it is layed out in a more communal peacefull manner. one which i would tend to agree with more.

you asked why i havnt been turned off by punk? well i have been. i get frustrated all the time by the limitations people impose on themselves with such labells. your a person not a labell. i do however like fast heavy music and therefore go to gigs and such, i try and cast a blind eye to people wearing vast amounts of leather, the money spent on fashion and fitting the look and other such things.

but i do however like the way people with similar interests can get together and make steady progress. and i think music, zines and gigs help and encourage all of this. thats why i go to gigs and stuff and applaude the people who put effort into such things. as well as the fact that ive made loads of friends.

im sorry if this feels like an attack on you. its not ment to be. its an outpour as a result of being constantly picked at and looked down upon for being openly critical to anarchism.
please dont take this as an attack on the scene or people who call themselves anarchists. its just me being pissed off at the fact that myself and others have been critisized for thinking differently; as have you.

7_2.jpg

Is this one not an ad for that thing on Leeson Street?

Didn't Guinness pay alot of of fucking retards to ruin our city by drawing shit harp and 'WITNNESS' logos in chalk a few years back? Actually, they looked like Christy fell out of his chair and did it with his foot.

"i dont like the way 'anarchism' is used to group peoples way of thinking. i agree with many ways of thinking common to those who would call themself an anarchist but refuse to submit myself to a group or sect who will tell me what to think or have my own mind catagorised into a little subtitle.
i just think its very limiting to call your self something like that." Surely they wouldn't tell you what to think, it would be more of a general consensis (i can't spell that word) you have the choice to agree or disagree that's the point ......

"an example would be something like ''its ok for anarchists to vote in referendums but not elections'' (which has been said here before)
i like to make my own choices basically, and not have them layed out in a manifesto or way of thinking for me to abide by and follow in the event that i dont agree with such a plan." one person said that "it's ok for anarchists ......", that was their opinion and posibly the opinion of alot more anarchists but that doesn't mean all anarchists have that opinion.anarchism from what i understand (which is not alot) allows you to make your own choices/fight for what you believe in alot more than other political persuasions ..........

"i also fucking hate violence and question the morals and beliefs of those who use it, therefore am turned away by anarchism. not cuz i dont 'get it' as has been suggested to me in the past. but because it carries with it images such as the one on the sticker. i also am aware that it doesnt have to be represented by that and usually prefer it when it is layed out in a more communal peacefull manner. one which i would tend to agree with more." you don't like violent anarchists, don't associate with them ....

"you asked why i havnt been turned off by punk? well i have been. i get frustrated all the time by the limitations people impose on themselves with such labells. your a person not a labell. i do however like fast heavy music and therefore go to gigs and such, i try and cast a blind eye to people wearing vast amounts of leather, the money spent on fashion and fitting the look and other such things." who said you had to wear leather etc.? your just putting limitations on what punk is!

"but i do however like the way people with similar interests can get together and make steady progress. and i think music, zines and gigs help and encourage all of this. thats why i go to gigs and stuff and applaude the people who put effort into such things. as well as the fact that ive made loads of friends." no problems there, what's next?

"im sorry if this feels like an attack on you. its not ment to be. its an outpour as a result of being constantly picked at and looked down upon for being openly critical to anarchism.
please dont take this as an attack on the scene or people who call themselves anarchists. its just me being pissed off at the fact that myself and others have been critisized for thinking differently; as have you." I know you would never have the guts to attack me honey bunch but i think you may be paying a little too much attention to what other people think/say! I don't think differently i just say what i think and what i think is sometimes slightly biggoted and offensive to some (idiotic) people !!!!!!!!! thank you and good night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back