stupid cinema (1 Viewer)

I like being asked for ID, makes me feel all those expensive anti wrinkle creams I buy are doing their jobs...I got stoppped buying six bottles of Miller a few weeks ago in Tesco in Phibsboro, I almost high fived the lad behind the counter for Id-ing me!

Problem is, I don't usually have any ID with my date of birth on me (being 35 an' all that). I can usually persuade them by pointing out the lines around my eyes and telling them what was number one the day I was born :)

In fairness, I saw some guy trying to take 3 nine-year old kids to see Pineapple Express the other day. DENIED! And rightly so I suspect. Saving not only the kids, but other people who go to the film and don't want 3 nine year olds asking what's going on every twenty seconds.

my missus took the baby to the flix one morning for the 10.30 showing, when the baby was a few months old, and was refused entry cos the movie was 15's and the baby wasn't 15. at 10.30. when there's no-one else in the cinema. tossers.

That's just fucking ridiculous. I'd have run amok, or made the babby vom on them or something.

I can usually persuade them by pointing out the lines around my eyes

Pointing to your sagging bewbs works (even if they're not sagging). It makes bouncers uncomfortable, and is pretty effective evidence. I watched my friend do it and it was impressive how quickly they let her in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back