Strike Anywhere 28th September (1 Viewer)

i thought their set length was pretty perfect.

i'd agree with that.

i thought they were gonna look older. i also thought they would have been more at it seeing as theyre on fat wreck.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This show was over in time for the 11.30pm buses (just barely) and most of the shows I run are over by 11pm.

In Belfast buses stop at 11 and the gigs usually run until 12.30-1.00, sometimes even later.
The people who go don't even mention the idea of leaving early to get the last bus, if they want to go see a band they go, and get a taxi home if they have to, if they don't want to see a band they don't go, pretty simple.

In Belfast buses stop at 11 and the gigs usually run until 12.30-1.00, sometimes even later.
The people who go don't even mention the idea of leaving early to get the last bus, if they want to go see a band they go, and get a taxi home if they have to, if they don't want to see a band they don't go, pretty simple.

I agree. I'd never leave a gig early just to catch the bus. The way I see it is that not many good bands tour Ireland so you have to make the effort when they come over. If they're still playing when the last bus is leaving take the hit and get a taxi. You many never get to see the band play here again

late gigs > early gigs

but i guess its different when you live with your parents

I think it's time some of these bands were put on after the headlining band so that their mates don't fuck off early and leave the place only half full for the headlining band.

Not a bad idea. That's what they do pretty much as standard in the U.S. a lot because people over there seem to be even bigger dickheads than they are here for only watching their mates & local bands. Good in a way but shit for getting to see touring bands.

Skoobs, you wouldn't have to advertise that the touring band were on before the local. Just tell the bands on the night, as is usually the case with running order anyway. LOADS of times I've seen an empty venue for a class band, when half an hour previous it was packed.

you don't have three kids though Skubol :)

That's not what I heard. 2 in Poland and 1 in England. Sure he only moved to Ireland cos there was a posse of Da's with hurleys after him.

That's cos you're all rich Brits.

I dunno what time the Galway gig finished at but seemed to me that most of the punters stuck around until the end.

And Yeah fuck the bus, walk home, or find somewhere to stay.

Rock > going home to bed early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back