Strike Anywhere 28th September (2 Viewers)

"Bet there was bouncer too" just doesn't sound as good or right.
You need plurals....I think, been a long time since school.

Sound was a bit dodgey for the first 2 bands. Enjoyed Stay Rad and Only Fumes and Corpses muchly. Strike Anywhere had good energy, but again I think the sound let em down a bit. Didn't know any of their stuff, but liked what I heard. Place seemed to have emptied alot compared to the crowd that was there for the first 2 bands.

I think it's time some of these bands were put on after the headlining band so that their mates don't fuck off early and leave the place only half full for the headlining band.

Sound was a bit dodgey for the first 2 bands. Enjoyed Stay Rad and Only Fumes and Corpses muchly. Strike Anywhere had good energy, but again I think the sound let em down a bit. Didn't know any of their stuff, but liked what I heard. Place seemed to have emptied alot compared to the crowd that was there for the first 2 bands.

I think it's time some of these bands were put on after the headlining band so that their mates don't fuck off early and leave the place only half full for the headlining band.

I was only talking to Clodagh about this yesterday, deffo seems like a good idea. particularly with so many unknown bands coming over lately.

Gig was great. Not too sure about the venue though. Sound was shite for the first 2 bands. Sound man hadn't a clue! It did get better though for OFAC and Strike Anywhere who were both really good. Very short set from SA though.

Demented are doing great bringing over bands but they should have less bands on the bill. Too much time is spent changing over gear for the next band and bands are playing short sets. Good show though

Just copied this from my moshspace post...
"Had a great time at this. Big thanks to Demented for sorting this out for me. Strike Anywhere did not know what to expect at all so they were delighted that people knew some of their stuff and were singing along and stuff. Really enjoyed their set. The singer is great.
Enjoyed our set too despite breaking 2 strings... The CBK comparisons are very nice to hear but don't tell the rest of the lads as they'll probably want to write a completley new set then... haha. Cheers to Stay Rad! for the loan of the guitar amp after one of ours died.
The sound was a bit ropey early in the night but that was to be expected in a venue that has had no gigs in ages (especially a hardcore show). The sound guy did his best despite the crappy pa ( they are getting a proper new one he said) which did not even have any effects unit. Thank fuck I had a little reverb unit with me that we hooked up to the pa for the last two bands which helped a bit I think. There was also no soundcheck at all which did not help at all of course.
Big crowd at this too. Loads of faces I had not seen before which is always cool. The staff at the venue seemed pretty alright and friendly too which is always nice"

Some people left early alright as they had to get the last bus home. Its always like that in Dublin though isn't it? Not much you can do about it really.

Some people left early alright as they had to get the last bus home. Its always like that in Dublin though isn't it? Not much you can do about it really.

yep. I'm feeling the effects of this now myself, and I wasn't exactly a regular gig attender in the first place, but realising I'm going to miss the bands I want to see to get a bus has killed gigs for me pretty much.

Demented are doing great bringing over bands but they should have less bands on the bill. Too much time is spent changing over gear for the next band and bands are playing short sets. Good show though

This may be true but last night Strike Anywhere were not asked to stop playing when they did because of time etc. They just played a short set.

Break neck speed needs a new stop watch...
To me 40-45 mins is long enough for a band.

Ah piss off, you werent even there.

I thought the set was short, hugh jorgan (guy i replied to) thought it was short, coakley thought it was short. I really didnt care how long they played,
I was pointing out the fact they played a short set was nothing to do with the bands before them setting up & striking backline.

Ah piss off, you werent even there.

I thought the set was short, hugh jorgan (guy i replied to) thought it was short, coakley thought it was short. I really didnt care how long they played,
I was pointing out the fact they played a short set was nothing to do with the bands before them setting up & striking backline.

Ah sure how would you know how long they played... weren't you up town beaten yer man from BOW after doin' a load of drugs in the van for most of Strike Anywheres set. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back