Street Party (1 Viewer)

path

Since 2000
Alright

There's a good bit of stuff happening on Saturday the 22nd of September, which is European Car Free Day. Dublin Corporations lack of action means that we've just decided to go and do it ourselves anyway.

Initially there is a Critical Mass bike ride starting at 2pm at the Garden of Rememberance on Parnell Square. Whistles, horns, flags and colour are welcome as always, as well as a sense of humour for dealing with irate motorists.

After that, we'll be heading back towards O'Connell Street for a game of street football, kick off is at 3.15pm, teams are being picked outside Supermacs.

There might also be a sound system with music on O'Connell Bridge in a Reclaim The Streets style, although this is still in the pipeline.

Hope some of you can come along, should be a good laugh.

regards

What kev forgot to mention:

There will be heads running round with drums making noise so there will be a beat to dance to.
Granted not the frantic Gabba some might prefer.
So do come.

path (13 Sep, 2001 03:41 p.m.):

Initially there is a Critical Mass bike ride starting at 2pm at the Garden of Rememberance on Parnell Square. Whistles, horns, flags and colour are welcome as always, as well as a sense of humour for dealing with irate motorists.

Hurrah, at last, I can actually make this one! Although I'll probably be left far behind the crowd as my creaky little bicycle with no gears tries to keep up with all the nice bikes.

Lollo Rosso (18 Sep, 2001 02:07 p.m.):
Hurrah, at last, I can actually make this one! Although I'll probably be left far behind the crowd as my creaky little bicycle with no gears tries to keep up with all the nice bikes.

Dont worry, we always go nice and slow so everyone sticks together, so even if yer on a junior BMX or Anto Dillon style timewarp bike (not to be cycled when you're mad out of it), you'll have no problem keeping up with us.

Lots of interest in this day.. looks like its going to be deadly.. hope the bleedin weather holds!

regards

yep this will be my first critical mass cycle too, since me is now living in dublin after leaving the warphole that is kildare, anyhoo should be pretty funky and sure i might try cycle and play the bongos at the same time.

any thumped heads out there who will be at the critical mass/street football come and introduce yourselves, i should be handing out copies of the [path] at some point.

regards

Lots of interest in this day.. looks like its going to be deadly.. hope the bleedin weather holds!

Here's the 3 day forecast from www.meteireann.ie

Generally dry and settled weather expected through Saturday, Sunday and Monday with sunny spells by day. Light Northerly or variable winds. Cloudier in the Northwest on Monday with a little light rain for a time. Daytime temperatures will stay well up to normal 14 to 17 degrees Celsius though nights will be cool with mist and fog patches.

sound!

regards

Spudmonkey999 (19 Sep, 2001 03:57 p.m.):
and sure i might try cycle and play the bongos at the same time.

Cool seems like there isn't going to be any orgainised band so bring along anything that rattles with you.

hector might be there, but then again, he might not. i don't know. what can i tell ye. hector might be playing football elsewhere that day, or lying face down in an opium induced vomit pool somewhere down sherriffer. or your ma might call. etc etc. anything else you need me to say.

thank you, come again.

I got a spare kazoo if anyone wants to use it tomorrow... actually, it would be great if everybody had one. Pick em up for next to nothing in any music store...

Tracy_Eminent (21 Sep, 2001 11:02 a.m.):
I got a spare kazoo if anyone wants to use it tomorrow... actually, it would be great if everybody had one. Pick em up for next to nothing in any music store...

What's a kazoo?

Also, if anyone's been trying to mail me, forget it. Gurlmail appears to be fucked, just for the.path though, other addresses I have work fine.. fucks sake.

right you are cya tomorrow

regards

Right heads, looks like there 'll be volley ball aswell as footy-ball. Not bad.
see youse tomorrow (I'll be the one handing out the looks of disapproval).

from the irish times:

"Dublin Corporation is urging citizens to leave their car at home today as part of a European-wide ‘Car Free Day’.

"As the number of cars on Dublin’s streets continue to rise, there has also been an increased awareness about pollution and urban mobility.

"The ‘In town without my car’ campaign is aimed at encouraging people to look at alternative means of getting around the city and using public transport where possible.

"To mark the day there will be special events at Customs House Quay and Merrion Square West between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. today. Face painting, children’s choirs, salsa and ceile bands will keep the ‘car-less’ crowds entertained throughout the day.

"There will also be free draws for an Electric Bike and other prizes.

"In addition, Dublin Bus is supporting Car Free Day by charging minimum fares of 60p for adults and 40p for children, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Six thousand half price family tickets are being provided by the Dart Service.

"The campaign is centred on three types of measures which it is hoped will encourage the use of alternative forms of transport and travel other than private cars and inform people about the risks connected with pollution. Finally it is hoped that by reducing traffic within restricted areas the image of a town or city will be enhanced for those who live there as well as visitors."

ha!

oh and posh spice is gonna be signing her new book for members of the public in easons!!!! so after the football everyone can go and see the wonderful shiny person in all her glory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back