Story? (1 Viewer)

Cormy

Since 2000
Website
www.thumped.com
When the fuck did Thumped descend into such horrible banality and become hopelessly saturated with arty fucking wank?

For those who like to rock, there will be drinking and partying at the Milltown gaff in honour of my birthday with aural entertainment provided by the likes of Scientific Bong, Kid Blunt & Puget Sound this Friday (5th April). The rest of yis can smoke my cock.

just checking through my records here [1](roots through filing cabinet)[/1]... i know its in here somewhere [1](puts pen in mouth)[/1].... the board decended in hell at... no hold on.... b, b, ah! here it is! banality! bad decending, bed decending, ah! board decending... right [1](puts glasses on)[/1] the board decended into banality when cormy [1](scrolls up)[/1] started moaning....... 05 nov 2000!

:*

Ceann Comhairle,Ceann Comhairle,deputy cormy is out of order.THE DEPUTY IS OUT OF ORDER!!I demand he retract his statement immediately!
In fairness cormy,if you don't like it,leave it.

Okay, well what I was saying, albeit in a rather simpler form, is that it seems to me that there used to be a lot more diversity in the kind of music that was discussed and I suppose you could say included here. Now it seems to be, well, almost exclusively the kinds of stuff that was in that woeful Irish Times magazine article (with odd exception).

And yeah, yis can say "If you don't like that then don't come here" or "well if that's the case then post about what you want to post about", which is valid enough, but everyone knows what the score is with Thumped & the kind of music that's included.

I'm merely wondering how did it become so narrowed down to what it is now? The constant cynicism and in-jokes may be funny to those immediately involved but for everyone else it wore off a long time ago and it seems the Forum, which used to be really good, has descended into a load of pointless threads, and hence anyone who doesn't spend the majority of their day at a work desk with free internet access mostly can't be arsed trawling through all the shit to find the interesting stuff.

That's, eh, all I meant...eh...so, in closing:

Where Has Alll The Rock Gone?

Cormy (03 Apr, 2002 12:29 p.m.):
Where Has Alll The Rock Gone?

the mound took it all
give us some back mackey... just a little
April's tune is particularly fine, if unfortunately short.
(http://www.largemound.com)

The Rednecks are rock aren't they?

Has anyone heard they're new LP yet?
Will it out-rock the Mound and steal the dubious honour of "Dublin's Nevermind"?

Whoops, "out-rock" is another term for "art-rock" innit?
Sorry. :)

The Rednecks are most certainly rock. I don't think I can think of any others who seem to fall under the "wank" category but also contain trace elements of rock...Joan of Arse on that one song the bassist uses the bow on and stops boring the arse off us for a few minutes...and whatsit, Egg's band...eh...Stoat, that's it...oh, and Estel, but they're thankfully mostly ignored by the wank brigade...

joss garbled (03 Apr, 2002 01:41 p.m.):
pee pee scrawled:
interesting stuff?
you're taking the piss, right?

Jaysus. There you are Pee.
Thought you'd fallen off the chin of the earth.

yi peepee - where ya been? and you expect to just waltz on back in here like you own the place... ;)

hey pete - maybe you should set up a new board called "interesting stuff" for cormy to talk to himself about how punk's not dead...(dead) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back