2007:stuff you're looking forward to (1 Viewer)

needtokill

Website
www.thumped.com
right ,as some sort of karmic atonement for all my percieved bitching and whining over the past 12 months, it's time for me to drop the aggro for a minute,spread some love and get all "pos" about 2007.Looking forward to..

More touring bands - seems like the first 4 or 5 months of the year are already booked up,and regardless of whatever bands or styles you may or may not like, the fact that more foreign bands are including Ireland than ever before means this year is undoubtedly going to rule for giggage.Also,with the likes of OFAC,Mongolia,Slomatics/DeNov et al actually touring Ireland in spurts last year, it'd be cool to see more bands doing this more often,and I think we actually will.And more Irish bands touring abroad as well would be cool.

New Ross gigs - to be honest I really doubt I'm going to get to (m)any of these myself but the fact that Conor is doing them again is absolutely deadly.These were an absolute lifeline for kids like me,the Kilkenny folks, Doyler & Ciaran etc, and without them I don't know what I would have done, they were to us what Hope was to Dublin folks (only drunker).The south has been desperately in need of a kick in the arse since..well..funnily enough since the old Galavan's gigs stopped actually.I reckon in a little bit these gigs are gonna lead to a whole new generation of DIY kids from that end of the country.Nice one Connor

The Big 30 - I'm hitting 30 in April.Skippy,Natalia,Clodagh,Trev, and a few more folks I can't think of right now (sorry) are all turning 30 next year.Bring it the fuck on.Can't wait.Expect a whole new meaning for "77 punks", we're here,we're old,get used to it.And just think of the potential for birthday gigs and that (cough..mingfest...27 April..Lower Deck..cough)

Terrordactyl/We Are Knives 7" - can't wait to actually get this out to people.It's gonna fucking rule.I expect the making of it to give me an ulcer, but it's gonna be worth it.

Smoke n'Thunder - if there's one band I really want to see get the oul shit together and play more next year,it's this lot.That gig in the Lower Deck was like watching our own little Descendents/All.And the new nameis way better than the old one (Your New Friend always sounded kinda creepy,no?)

New bands - I've heard rumblings of one or two new bands that have been working away in practice rooms over the past few months so hopefully we're gonna have a bunch of new bands to check out over the next few months.And I reckon people who miss fast stuff are gonna be getting what they want this year from the sound of things.Particularly keen to see Ed Kilcoole's return to music this year, do it man!

Night of the Locust zine - this may actually be out already?I've always like Kollin's way with words,so I'm looking forward to seeing this coming out regularly (and contributing to it).More music based zines please folks - I realise people are more interested in personal ones but we really really need a regular zine with a consistent focus on the musical side of DIY/HC/Punk/grind whatever as well,particularly if you seriously want to make info available to new kids - print,online, doesn't matter, but we need it really badly,particularly as UFC is done.

Rock n'Roll MF/Doom102 - don't really go in for GGI or Nuclear winter fest,but these two I can't wait for this year.

Levinge moving back to Dublin - 'nuff said

also really keen to see what happens with Exploded Face,Boneyard Witch, and (r)Evolution of a Sun..and the Slomatics/Like a Kind of MAtador record when it comes out..

Rebellion* fest in Blackpool/ August
Septic Pussy not playing The Ambassador
My birthday

*Formerly called Wasted, have my ticket already.

roadburn roadburn roadburn!

Fukkin' right!! I'm gonna like take 20 drugs and drink a gazillion beers...or something.

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to...

...getting to the practice room with myself and Aonghus' Despise You cover band.

...getting out of the practice room with our grim necro death squad BM band.

...getting out of the country.

...perhaps finishing the college year.

...writing a new De Nov. song.

...my hair being a little longer.

...Rock'N'Roll Mofo part deux

...writing a new Infinite Shurikens song (maybe even two...oh the excitment!)

...rocking ten times as much as I did this year.

...and, of course, expanding myself and Karen's already massive collection of bitchin' sunglasses.

Roll on the new year!!

.|..|

looking forward to

roadburn
improving my shredding
playing in a crossover band
playing in a hardcore band
playing in a punk band
touring hopefully
doing more records

*getting the hell over christmas - hate it.
*Violent Breakfast tour.
*Magrudergrind tour.
*El Bastardo album...
*More De Novissimis releases.
*Graeme/Organised Chaos getting some releases out there.
*Disclose/Moss split 7inch.
*Passing exams and going on a fucking holiday to someplace that has'nt got a frigging attitude problem.
*getting over my frigging attitude problem.

Rock'n'Roll Motherfucker II (and being the official photographer:D)
GGI
Terrordactyl/We are Knives release

Me finishing college and moving back to Ireland.
Myself and Fergus actually doing a madpooka release.
Starting new bands that have been talked about for years.

• Getting my band off the ground properly and fucking shit up\
  • Getting my own gaff
  • Finishing school
  • Lots of good gigs
  • More drinking
  • Nuclear Fallout Fest
  • Getting monged in Amsterdam
  • Listening to more Sabbath
  • Terrodactyl/We Are Knives split
  • Leechrum fest

• Getting my band off the ground properly and fucking shit up\
  • Getting my own gaff
  • Finishing school
  • Lots of good gigs
  • More drinking
  • Nuclear Fallout Fest
  • Getting monged in Amsterdam
  • Listening to more Sabbath
  • Terrodactyl/We Are Knives split

I hope you're planning getting monged in Amsterdam and listening to more Sabbath at the same time.

- Actually going to a gig in dublin
- Go to leechrum this year
- Find a drummer and get a band going
- Another Roosky cd
- Better local gigs
- Seeing Oi Polloi in Cork and Rest in Tralee
- More drinking and getting served in Offo's

More Septic Pussy gigs
Me ma not being a wagon about gigs
Hopefully recording something properly
GGI, Leechrum, if I'm VERY lucky, Wasted

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back