Stolen Wallet (1 Viewer)

tripoli

in town yesterday. im really careful with stuff like this. had in it my inside pocket for 70% of the day, must have put it back into my arse pocket out of habit. credit card, laser card, bank card, work credit card, drivers license, car park ticket and 90 euro. and i stupidly had this aib written card they gave me bout two years ago in there too, only it had bout my current and savings accounts numbers written on it plus my PPS number. i nearly cried.

anyone ever have this happen to them and how did you forget about it and move on?

Aside from cancelling the cards there's not too much you can do.

Wouldn't worry too much about the card with the account numbers on it. Some ATM cards have the account number on the front, so do cheque books but an account number by itself is of little use to a fraudster unless they try and doctor the driving licence with one of their photographs - would imagine that this would be difficult to do convincingly.

Notify your branch and ask them to put a note on your account stating that your wallet was stolen on 7 October 2006 and to exercise EXTREME CAUTION when dealing with withdrawals.

that's shit to hear. such a sickening feeling when some prick has stolen something off you. i've had my wallet stolen before; luckily without a PIN it's not as easy for people to steal from your account. and if youre like me, and only have a couple of cents in your bank account in a way, it's almost like a little 'fuck you right back!' to the cunt who stole it :eek:

some cunt tried to rob my friend at a luas stop the other day. friend kept telling him to fuck off and walking away from him. then, when yr man made a go for his wallet out of his pocket, broke his nose.
crazy shit.

really sorry to hear about this, losing things/having things stolen of such value is fucking painful.

yeah cheers, the helpful person who cancelled my cards said she sent a note to my branch notifying them of my ID issue etc.

I just started getting paranoid with the whole: Bank A/C number, PPS Number and ID combo. Your right though, there's feck all i can do now. Really could have put that 90 euro to good use though!!

Aside from cancelling the cards there's not too much you can do.

Wouldn't worry too much about the card with the account numbers on it. Some ATM cards have the account number on the front, so do cheque books but an account number by itself is of little use to a fraudster unless they try and doctor the driving licence with one of their photographs - would imagine that this would be difficult to do convincingly.

Notify your branch and ask them to put a note on your account stating that your wallet was stolen on 7 October 2006 and to exercise EXTREME CAUTION when dealing with withdrawals.

yeah cheers, the helpful person who cancelled my cards said she sent a note to my branch notifying them of my ID issue etc.

I just started getting paranoid with the whole: Bank A/C number, PPS Number and ID combo. Your right though, there's feck all i can do now. Really could have put that 90 euro to good use though!!

tough luck there tripoli, sorry to hear about it. I'm sure you couldn't have found a better way to spend the E90 alright but to try look on the bright side and all, at least you got away unharmed and they didn't try pull a knife or surynge or something on you... you'll have your new cards and stuff in no time.

Ah, sorry to hear that.

It is a horrible feeling. I had my handbag stolen in broad daylight back in April. Work keys, apartment keys, appointment diary, phone, wallet with about 70 euro, atm card, credit cards, library card, social welfare card... everything was gone and I never got any of it back.

Thats pretty bad to hear, Ive never been robbed really. I had to chase and tackle a skanger last week to get back a 10 euro note I dropped on the ground If any one knows of the cement steps going into dunnes in Enniscorthy they are pretty easy to clear in one jump if your angry and broke.

$40 DOLLARS PICKED OUTTA ME POCKET IN VANCOUVER. MEH..

ONE STRAPLESS WATCH AND TWO POUNDS FIFTY IN A MUGGING ON CAMDEN STREET. BELTED ONE OF THEM IN THE HEAD WITH A ROLLER SKATE AND LEGGED IT. I CAME OUT ON TOP WITH THAT ONE.

80 EURO, A CONDOM, AN OL DART TICKET AND A HAIR BOBBIN IN A MUGGIN' ON THAT SIDE ROAD AT WHELANS. GOT TO I.D. ONE OF THE SHITS IN THE COP-SHOP. GOT A PUNCH IN THE FACE BUT I RAMMED HIS HEAD INTO A WALL. WAS ABLE TO PICK THE OTHER CUNT OUT OF SOME PHOTOS. ONE OF THEM WENT TO PRISON FOR CARRYING A STUPID AMOUNT OF DRUGS. THE OTHER ONE HASN'T BEEN SEEN IN TWO YEARS. PRESUMED TO BE IN ENGLAND. WHERE HE CAN STAY. ALL BURBURRIED AND STRIPEY TRACKSUITED OUT OF IT. NOT LISTENING TO HARD ROCK.

YEARS AGO SOMEONE TRIED TO GRAB MY RECORD BAG OFF ME IN RATHMINES. I SWUNG HIM INTO A LAMP POST THE WEAKLING FUCKER. HAD A PARTY TO GO TO SO I JUST KEPT ON STRUTIN'.

WALLEHQUAANNNDO!!!

Very sorry to hear of this - i know well the empty and sickening feeling. I had my laptop and passport robbed from under my nose last March in a foreign country. Cost me the equivalent of €1500 euro in the end.
I still feel sick at the thought of it.

in town yesterday. im really careful with stuff like this. had in it my inside pocket for 70% of the day, must have put it back into my arse pocket out of habit. credit card, laser card, bank card, work credit card, drivers license, car park ticket and 90 euro. and i stupidly had this aib written card they gave me bout two years ago in there too, only it had bout my current and savings accounts numbers written on it plus my PPS number. i nearly cried.

anyone ever have this happen to them and how did you forget about it and move on?

That sucks Tripoli. I had a my bag stolen in Barcelona by a prick mugger who punched me in the face while he was at it. Nice lad. Cancelling cards was the least of me worries that weekend! Serves me right for not learning Krav Maga and fucking him up. :mad: :mad:

sorry to hear this dude. have you told the bank to show them this thread if they approach the counter to make a withdrawl?

really, thats gay. im a paranoid lunatic so i never get anything stolen

I was mugged in 1995. I had just bought a bottle of cheap Bulgarian wine at Deveneys off licence in Rathmines and was using the ATM outside Pizza Hut. I was withdrawing £10 as I had a date that evening (dinner in her place) and needed money for a taxi. The guy grabbed the money as it came out of the dispenser. As he tried to run off he slipped just by the bus stop around the corner. I caught up with him and without really thinking about the consequences, smashed the bottle of wine off his shoulder. I then prised my £10 from his fingers.
Someone at the bus stop said 'you shouldn't have hit him like that'. I said nothing and went home. I wasn't in the mood for dinner at that point.

In two years backpacking the only time I was robbed was by some english shit who was working in the hostel I was staying in.. he just robbed a load of cash from me and various others from our room when it was empty. Mate of mine was robbed at the beach in Peru.. guy on the beach jogged passed him, then turned around suddenly and held a knife to him, when he turned around there was another guy who'd come up behind him from nowhere! He just gave them his cash and camera, and wasn't really too worried.

The worst one I've heard about was from friends who were travelling in Colombia. Got into a taxi at the airport, it drove them into a ghetto, and three guys jumped in, punched my mate and his girl a couple of times and put sacks on their heads. They then drove around while going through their stuff, and eventually got to a house somewhere were they bundled them in, and sat them apart kneeling on the floor. They then asked where their credit cards were, when my mate tried to say they didn't have any they smacked him about, and his girl. Everytime he tried to tell his girlfriend it was alright, they'd hit them. Got their pin numbers for cards and stuff, then two of the guys disappeared. In the three hours it took them to come back, the other started off jovial (he could hear them turning his camera on and off and that) then got increasingly restless. The only words Stephen kept picking up on was "where's the gun".. so as you can imagine they were shitting themselves. Eventually they came back, drove them well away, then dumped them with just their passports and airline tickets. The fuckers.

As I'm sure you can imagine, that ended their year long trip after only 5 weeks. So getting mugged here is bloody child's play in comparison!

BELTED ONE OF THEM IN THE HEAD WITH A ROLLER SKATE AND LEGGED IT. I CAME OUT ON TOP WITH THAT ONE.
GOT A PUNCH IN THE FACE BUT I RAMMED HIS HEAD INTO A WALL.
I SWUNG HIM INTO A LAMP POST THE WEAKLING FUCKER. HAD A PARTY TO GO TO SO I JUST KEPT ON STRUTIN'.

WALLEHQUAANNNDO!!!

flagman.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back