Stolen Guitar (1 Viewer)

brianoak

My Gibson was stolen over the weekend.
Its a black SG and with a chunk gone out of the paintwork by the jack input and a serious ammount of belt wear on the back down to the wood.
There is a SEymour Duncan Invader in the bridge and the G string is buzzing really badly of the frets after some damage at a gig last week.
There is a slight chip gone out of the headstock aswell.
There is a Slomatics sticker on the front and a kinifed and bike punk sticker on the back which will no doubt be removed...
Anyways if anybody comes accross an SG in a pawn shop or offered one in the near future please contact me.
Reward for return etc.
Long shot but you never know.

awful news brian. fingers crossed you get it back.

check that shop on abbey street (used to be called onstage, not sure what its called now). my mate had his bass stolen and it turned up there a few days later.

That totally fucking sucks!!! If I ever catch someone trying to steal my guitar I will beat them to death with it. And then burn the evidence. Doh!

I will have a look in Cash Converters on Thomas St. over the next few days when Im picking the little lad up from the creche.

For a cheap replacement, I think theres an epiphone SG copy in there at the mo' for 150. There's also a dodgy looking flying-V going for 120.

My heart goes out to you man. We should form a militia and start kicking down some doors!

Cheers guys.
I'll check the pawn shops alright apparently there is only 4 or so in Dublin so ill keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers guys.
I'll check the pawn shops alright apparently there is only 4 or so in Dublin so ill keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks.

there's also a weird little shop around the luas tracks at jervis st, which
looks like a junk shop but also sells second hand instruments, apparently
a load of instruments turn up there from time to time.

I think it's just before after the chinese market but could be slightly further up, definitely before capel st.

My friend had his acoustic guitar stolen from his car along with lots of his research from college. The guitar is replaceable but the research was not, as he couldn't run the experiment he was doing again with the same people and didn't have other copies of the info. This was about 6 months ago.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago and he got a letter from the council saying he was being fined for illegal dumping on a backroad near Swords.He queried the fine because he'd never driven on that road (and doesn't illegally dump) and eventually talked to the litter warden. They'd found the research documents he'd had stolen and assumed he'd dumped them himself, hence the fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back