Stickle-bricks. (1 Viewer)

As for Meccano, it used to come in two ranges, Meccano Box Standard, and Meccano Box Deluxe

It is from these names that the phrases "Bog Standard" and "Dog's Bollocks" came into popular parlance. Now you know.

That's a great useless fact! I'm currently trying to find ways of sneaking this into conversations at work to make me sound smart..

"Jenkins.. where are the TPS reports"

"I was working on them when I realised that I was filling in the bog standard form.. by they way - ineresting fact about that.."

Did anyone else have this stuff:

18a.jpg

Linkits - I think it may have been the poor cousin in the world of kid's construction games... used to have boxes and boxes of the stuff.

jesus, what are they?
looks like somebodys parents didnt love them!

they do look familiar though

Ah it was just another failed Lego competitor.. kept it next to the 'Construx'. You could build vaguely humanoid looking characters out of them, among other things.. hours of entertainment.

stickle-brick acquisition: successful.
Richie: I had those things. My set was used to construct a centipede. It had horns/feelers.
It was no space lego, that's for sure.
Oh man. The new space lego. I saw it in Smyths today.
If my lego-men had been outfitted as Imperial Storm-Troopers, I would have been the happiest 8 year-old on the planet.

Did anyone else have this stuff:

18a.jpg

Linkits - I think it may have been the poor cousin in the world of kid's construction games... used to have boxes and boxes of the stuff.

YES!! I once made a long chain type thing with these and then whipped my brother across the face with it. I split his mouth open, good craic.

Also, the robots I made with these would have wars with the lego robots I made. They always lost, even when they had GI Joe and Starcom on their side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back