Stickle-bricks. (1 Viewer)

Corey

I credit these fantastic things for my genius, and thusly want to introduce my child to the wonders of their creative potential. But I cant find them anywhere, meaning that either (a) they dont make em anymore; or (2) they're not as effective as i think they are.

Lets hear it for stickle bricks. and sundry other kids constructo-toys such as mechano, old space lego and robotics.

I could probably root out 3 or 4 pieces of stickle bricks from my attic. Iam sure thatid be of magor benifit to the childs.

Give the child Duplo, then move on to lego. And later on, you can move to Lego Technic....yeah!

As for Meccano, it used to come in two ranges, Meccano Box Standard, and Meccano Box Deluxe

It is from these names that the phrases "Bog Standard" and "Dog's Bollocks" came into popular parlance. Now you know.

if you really loved your child you'd build him/her a house.

29.jpg

and get him/her a horse.

_41298153_lego203.jpg

I credit these fantastic things for my genius, and thusly want to introduce my child to the wonders of their creative potential. But I cant find them anywhere, meaning that either (a) they dont make em anymore; or (2) they're not as effective as i think they are.

Lets hear it for stickle bricks. and sundry other kids constructo-toys such as mechano, old space lego and robotics.

She's too young! Aren't stickle-bricks age 3+
Why not let her have her fun staring at people's noses, and banging on things with other things?

She's too young! Aren't stickle-bricks age 3+
Why not let her have her fun staring at people's noses, and banging on things with other things?

She's been doing that for the past 9 months, and is now bored.When was the last time you saw an "ages 3+" sign on a saucepan? I wonder who decides the ages on toys. The ones below 2years are rubbish. Even i get bored with them, and my brain's still at the foetal stage. they're all hell bent on mind numbing jingles and crazy lights. Total bullshit. Making and doing beats shouting and throwing.

Smyths it is. We're gonna get kicked out for playing with all the toys.

- And stealing.

I used to make scary robots out of stickle bricks. It rocked.

D'ye remember linkits? They were more complicated than lego but less complicated than mecano. They were fun. Ohh, do you remmeber stepping on lego bricks/linkits/mecano by accident in your bare feet on dark mornings? Youch!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: .|..| :heart:

TRy Ebay for sticklebrick, you may have more luck, and how sucky if they stopped production on it...
Also if you want your child to be a drummer (who knows!) bring them to the Ark for their really fckn cool percussion exhibition, hours of beaty tinkle bang! bash! fun It ends tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back