State Magazine (1 Viewer)

Good luck with this - this is coming out in paper form in march is that right?

PS: I guess i didn't get accepted into SXSW then . . .

an honourable mention in the ticket today. It mentions that its for Irish bands only?

Looking forward to seeing how this shapes up. And please have a nice free CD with it too. That'd be cool.

And it'd be nice if there was another Foggy Notions someday soon too.

Best of luck with it Niall :)
Here's what I want in a music magazine, just so you'll know:

1. Long, in-depth interviews that really give me a sense of the artist themselves and what they are trying to do
2. Reviews that give me an accurate idea of what the music is like, and whether I'll like it
3. Good clear unshowy writing
4. Stoat

Best of luck with it Niall :)
Here's what I want in a music magazine, just so you'll know:

1. Long, in-depth interviews that really give me a sense of the artist themselves and what they are trying to do
2. Reviews that give me an accurate idea of what the music is like, and whether I'll like it
3. Good clear unshowy writing
4. Stoat

what you want is your own personal music critic

I got one last year, it's brilliant

What is State's policy on 'List issues' - 100 Best Irish Indie Singles Of All Time and that kind of stuff?
I find them irritating but they always seem to sell well.

I *think* that's something we'll be trying to avoid in general. The emphasis is on in-depth articles for the print mag. Cover features will be 5000-6000 words. The blog is for more news, alternative features, MP3s and the like.

The important thing is that it's not a rock music magazine, any genre will be featured. Also, got some nice Irish archive pieces lined up.

The important thing is that it's not a rock music magazine, any genre will be featured. Also, got some nice Irish archive pieces lined up.

Hey, I know, you could have a special 2-page section where you put all sorts of things about dance music. It'd be brilliant!

Yeah, it's not bad. You get over the novelty quickly though - I find you can't trust them around the silverware and mine's just DREADFUL with split infinitives.

I just have him comment about everything now

"...with this sandwich Pantone shows a huge return to form, using a mix of ham and cheese that was the trademark of his early work, but at the same unafriad to experiment with various condements and side salads. This sandwich is sure to please old fans but yet still has the potential to crossover to the mainstream. Sandwich of the year? Only time will tell."

Hey, I know, you could have a special 2-page section where you put all sorts of things about dance music. It'd be brilliant!

Just buy this rag:

COVER01Small.jpg

Has anyone ever actually read this? Awful thing altogether.

I just have him comment about everything now

"...with this sandwich Pantone shows a huge return to form, using a mix of ham and cheese that was the trademark of his early work, but at the same unafriad to experiment with various condements and side salads. This sandwich is sure to please old fans but yet still has the potential to crossover to the mainstream. Sandwich of the year? Only time will tell."

"As accidental phone calls go, this is as good as it gets" - NME
"Cathedrals of jizz" - Mojo
"A bona fide tour de force of urgent water drinking, straight from the tap" - Q
"2 drags in and you can see this isn't just any ordinary cigarette" - State
"An unexpectedly lovely slice of sitting down" - OMM

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back