Star Wars trilogy on DVD (2 Viewers)

Star Wars trilogy on DVD - what will you do?

• Will be buying it

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Hope to get it as a Christmas present

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Will stick to the VHS boxset

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Hate Star Wars

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
me ma bought me all three on VHS for crimbo. Being a prezzie i couldn't exactly give out that they were the full screen versions. But the wrong tape was in the episode 4 case. It was the widescreen version. winner!

pete said:
definitely picking this up, but it's killing me that the untouched originals aren't available
I feel your pain! I heard a proper dirty rumour that they've changed the emperor from empire strikes back so he'more like the one from Jedi. They're also making CGI Jabba not look like PlayDoh in a new hope.

Have they changed it too much or is it me?

Maxx Stone said:
I feel your pain! I heard a proper dirty rumour that they've changed the emperor from empire strikes back so he'more like the one from Jedi.
They did, but this was definitely a Good Thing, since the Emperor looked like a pile of shit in Empire Strikes Back.

Got mine on Monday, but haven't touched it apart from the extras disc.

THRILLHO said:
They did, but this was definitely a Good Thing, since the Emperor looked like a pile of shit in Empire Strikes Back.

Got mine on Monday, but haven't touched it apart from the extras disc.
sounded like one too... did they film a new bit with whasisface (the real actor) or just change the old one with a computer?

THRILLHO said:
I watched Clash of the Titans recently. That has the worst stop-motion effects I've ever seen.
worst but best!

I love all that stop motion stuff.

I've probably said this before , but I want to marry ed209 from robocop

my hero

oh and about starwars....

I happy enough to just watch them on tv every now and then

I prefer Indiana Jones

(and robocop)

ed209.gif

+
br_fancygoods.jpg

=

bride_groom_minifig.jpg

Just finished one bad invisible weekend of watching everything on the star wars box set.

SAVAGE!!!!! The changes are all for the better, and the documentarys ROCK!
The only thing that sucked was the so called 'Preview' of episode 3 it stank. Nothing was given, no footage of the film or anything!

Did you know Christopher Walkin auditoned for Obi wan?

Attachments

• Walken.jpg
    Walken.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 25
my favourite bit of the entire trilogy is the bit where Luke gets agro of the two lads in the cantina

'he doesn't like you!'

'i'm sorry'

'i don't like you either! you just watch yourself. we're wanted men, i have the death sentance on 12 systems!'

'i'll be careful'

'you'll be dead!!'

hehehe

Cormcolash said:
Yeeeeeeesssssss! I use those lines on my housemates all the time, those two guys in the cantina are quality! You'll be dead!
the best bit about that scene, apart from the superior dialogue, is the no-shit attitude of obi-wan. it's hard to remember after you've grown up watchin them all, but until that point he'd been an amicable old guy with a beard and a friendly gab... maybe a soldier once or something.

then all of a sudden he chops some motherfucker's arm off and dares everyone else to have a go.
star wars woulda been awesome had all the jedi been more like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back