• Views 1K
  • Watchers 2

czar

Stanley Super 800 + Jape

Czar promotions presents
A double headliner show with Stanley Super 800 + Jape
Saturday 18th June. TICKETS E10
The Spiegeltent, Coal Quay

In April last year Stanley Super 800 released their eponymously-titled début album on their own record label - Bingo. It features ten tracks full vibrant ideas - mixed up acoustic and electronic instruments fired with energy and originality roam diverse styles ranging from pop to post rock - while managing to hold it all together with unique melodies and lyrics.
Constant gigging has seen the band's sound evolve somewhat over the last year; moving away from their folktronic/electro roots behind for rockier ground while still remaining fresh and avoiding musical cul de sacs. They're even known to mix in a country music version of their set, incorporating banjo, fiddle and slide guitar.

Meanwhile, the music of Jape was a breath of fresh air to the smoggy atmosphere of Dublin. The first album Cosmosphere'’ released last year on the Volta Sounds label showed Jape's experimental side and sense of humour with stoner folk and 8 bit electronics rubbing shoulders with friendly ease.

It caught the attention of some notable reviewers and DJs with Donal Dineen
from Today FM playing it off the air on the show, Here Comes the Night'.
This year's follow up, the monkeys in the zoo have more fun than me'’ melds mortality blues, hip hop and Gregorian chants to head bopping affect and is proving to be something of an underground hit with club DJs playing it out and once again, receiving all sorts of amazing reactions.

TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE DUE TO CLUB RESTRICTIONS!!!!!

CORK MIDSUMMER FESTIVAL BOOKING DETAILS
Booking on : 1890 200 555
Bookings in person at Festival Box Office,
Festival House, 15 Grand Parade, Cork.
9.30am - 5.30pm, Mon - Fri | 9.30am - 1pm, Sat.
Box Office hours will be extended during the Festival.

just a reminder to anyone going to this that they MUST buy their tickets at least 24 hours before the gig in the ticket office on grande parade (old post office) or by ringing 1890 200 555

http://www.spiegeltent.net/spiegeltent_QTVR.html

the gigs seem to be selling out in advance so don't leave it too late

Dwight said:
I would probably go but I heard it's 6 euro for a beer in there. If this is true I'll be giving the whole Spiegeltent experience a miss as that's a disgrace.
s'true. I was there last night. six bucks. no beer is worth that much.. also, the sound was a little dodge frankly. small ickle PA system. good show other than that though. it's better than the average tent. gonna go to see the boa morte show because they show themselves in public about as often as halley's comet, and rest should be good too. I'm also going to bring a hip flask. :)

plug said:
s'true. I was there last night. six bucks. no beer is worth that much.. also, the sound was a little dodge frankly. small ickle PA system. good show other than that though. it's better than the average tent. gonna go to see the boa morte show because they show themselves in public about as often as halley's comet, and rest should be good too. I'm also going to bring a hip flask. :)

Actually yeah I don't think I could possibly miss the Boa Morte/Sister gig, haven't seen BM for 2 and a half years. will have to make alternative drinking arrangements too though.

the festival organisers have said the the sponsor's monitoring of people's nagging on music forums (such as this fine one) have resulted in the beer prices being lowered!! no shit . . . people power eh?

Jim A. Morrish said:
can't wait!

i'd drink my own piss before i'd pay 6 euro for a bottle of beer though, guess i'll be wearing my hats with the two cans and the strawtube on the night!

nice one, the bouncers would just be so unprepared for anyone to try that it might just work!

Dwight said:
nice one, the bouncers would just be so unprepared for anyone to try that it might just work!

unprepared for jim drinking his own piss?? i'd say they might raise an eyebrow alright . . .

czar said:
unprepared for jim drinking his own piss?? i'd say they might raise an eyebrow alright . . .

that's me sorted, I'm going to wait til the bouncers are busy watching Jim drinking his own piss and then leg it past with a crate of Miller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back