Stagger Lee are now..... The Dagger Lees! (1 Viewer)

benni

Hi there

Just in case aaaanyone cares atall atall - Stagger Lee will hence forth be known as The Dagger Lees. Press RElease below explains all... but basically we were gonna get our holes sued off if we released anything else under the name outside of Ireland. And that would suck balls.

So - new site

www.myspace.com/thedaggerlees
[email protected]

Irish rock'n'roll noir four piece announce name change & the recording of their debut album with legendary Detroit producer Jim Diamond of White Stripes, Von Bondies & Electric Six fame

This female fronted, screaming feral blues, white-hot soul racket began life in 2006 as Stagger Lee. The band, delighted to confirm the recording of their debut album in the USA with Jim Diamond in early 2009, faced legal difficulties with future releases if they continue under the name Stagger Lee.

And so, in a storming sea of change, the Dagger Lees are born!

In embracing the new name, the Dagger Lees look forward to kicking down the doors of what has gone before, parting ways with the past and are spending the summer writing and pre-producing their album.

The Dagger Lees are also delighted to announce the inclusion of their track ‘Scarlet Fever’ on the forthcoming US film release by punk rock film company Vivid Alt.

Having played with international acts such as The Kills, Jon Spencer Blues Xplosion, The Duke Spirit, Sleater Kinny, The Grates, The Long Blondes, The Drones and The Von Bondies, The Dagger Lees are delighted to have been invited back to play the beautiful Speigeltent in Dublin in September 2008 and a slot at Glasgowbury Festival 2008, Solas Festival 2008 and more to be announced!

Stay tuned to www. myspace. com/thedaggerlees for updates and sneak previews of demos for the album and join the mailing list [email protected] to be the first to hear about upcoming news and gig dates.

explain this 'legal difficulties' in great detail please

i'm very bored

legal difficulties - holes sued off - suck balls

Sorry but thats about all the effort i can muster at the moment, I'm totally full of chicken and green beans.

Does someone own a copyright of the name?
Pretty weird considering he was a real person.

The Dagger Lees are also delighted to announce the inclusion of their track ‘Scarlet Fever’ on the forthcoming US film release by punk rock film company Vivid Alt.

you left out one vital piece of info about Vivid Alt - hahaha

Nah theres a load of other artists out in Amerikay that have released under the same name - some rapper dude and some other bloke have 4/5 albums each so apart from the legal side of it, its the same name as a load of other artists so its probably best to try be a bit distinctive.

Snakybus / Dagger Lee... em.... shit.....

they just put out a dvd with keith morris from the circle jerks and don bolles
from the germs making cameos...circle jerks soundtrack - i read about it on
a horror messageboard, i swear! i just want some skank

Har Har :) - yeah its the 'alt' side of Vivid Adult Entertainment Empire. But no searches of theirs would be work safe!!!!!!!! Even the work safe trailer they sent us with our song on it is extreeeemely bold.

i saw yer new name on the FMC Music From Ireland CD and was all like 'Zuh??? Surely not a TRIPLE typo?'

Of course it wasn't. Good luck with the re-branding!

Aw hey thanks Yurn! you naaayce

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back