spook album (2 Viewers)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
fuckingbrilliant.jpg

here, I presume there are more reviews and press on the way. Because if not this is a sorry state of affairs. I mean fair play to Road but it's still just on a record shop's list. How is it possible that everywhere I look and listen I'm finding Robotnik (no offence) yet this album is largely ignored?

I hope I'm proved wrong in a few weeks.

Got reviews in Uncut, State, a good few blogs. A few more reviews promised but nothing delivered from the rest of the Irish papers/ magazines.

Trouble is, I guess, its terminally unfashionable to be an Irish band that sounds like an Irish band :D ;) ;)

I found that reviews come out over time and hopefully that is what will happen with the Spook album, which is amazing by the way.

well, are you doing the PR yourself or using a company? Think the days when you could get away with just posting them yourself are slipping away, just considering the amount of stuff that gets released these days.

I write reviews of my own songs. I usually don't go over 8/10, as that's just codding yourself. I was really scathing once, I called something "sub-Aslan bluster" and gave it 3.5. It was quite embarrassing.

Ha! Man Cream.

Nez from Transduction is running the show re promotion and has done a sterling job. PR companies in Ireland are very expensive and I'm not sure they're worth it.

Transduction has PR in the UK which has delivered mixed results so far although it is early days.

The truth is that this record really confuses people and/ or I am a jinx ;)

I bought it on the recommendation of this thread and general thumped hype. Its very good. I'm big fan of themed albums... well i haven't read the lyrics but there certainly seems to be a Dublin theme. Not sure about the last track only and that big vocal drone thing. Reminds of film soundtracks, but the rest of the jagged electric trad feel is sweet.

well, are you doing the PR yourself or using a company? Think the days when you could get away with just posting them yourself are slipping away, just considering the amount of stuff that gets released these days.

i dunno, we don't have any PR or whatever.
we just posted them away (with the help of Out On A Limb of course)
our album seems to be getting reviews in most places... i think it just takes a few weeks longer, but it gets there.

i'm sure the Spook album reviews will come rolling in in the next few weeks.
looking forward to hearing it, Al!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back